FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > SE Florida And The Keys Forum > What's happening?
Connect with Facebook

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-31-2008, 11:28 AM

Default Biscayne Bay Triangle

Yesterday (8/30) I had a really nice upwind / downwid sail out of Matheson. With wind blowing out of the east I managed to make it upwind to the finger channels around Stlitsville. On a long and narrow twintip (about 170cm) and 13m 07Waroo with strong wind I was able to make an angle pretty close to the wind. I tacked my way up towards the grove. When I made it as east as grove Isle / mercy hospital, from there I was able to sail a line direct to the flats south of cape florida. I rode around at Stiltsville for a little while and then made a beeline on a run back directly downwind to matheson. The downwind run was really fast.

I've done the run from stiltsville to matheson a bunch of times, but usually I make it a downwinder from miami beach or crandon. This was my first time trying an upwind distance run, and my first time sailing a distance on my longer board. I found the extra length allowed me to sail closer to the wind and also seemed to be faster on the downwind run.

Here is an approximate line of my course. I'll be going out again this afternoon but I think I'll stay in close today - don't want to push my luck 2 days in a row. matt.

Last edited by ricki; 08-31-2008 at 03:58 PM.