FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > KITEBOARDING AT ... launches, precautions, SCHOOLS, SHOPS, meets, local groups and more > Bahamian Kiteboarding Forum
Connect with Facebook

Old 08-03-2007, 08:45 PM

Default What is it to you?

It has been roughly 3 weeks, probably more since I’ve had a good session. Today I went out, Friday August 3rd. I landed with a worse attitude that I launched with because of the light frustrating winds. Then I realized kite boarding is just not something I do, it is my meditation, my moment of solitude, my escape from troubles and worries, my stress "reliever". It shocked me, it’s not always about trying to throw the newest trick, or pushing your limits as I love to do, it's about escaping Nassau. Escaping the hectic traffic, the tiny 21*7 island, the ignorance you experience everyday, the rat race I’m sure for some of you, and just the general annoyances everyday of life. Kite boarding is my medicine, that allows me to deal. What is it to you?
Old 08-04-2007, 07:12 AM

Thumbs up humbled

To me kiteboarding is like that ridiculously hot chick you picked up at the pub that all of ya mates want to shag,
She might have had her beer goggles on because you can’t believe that pick up line worked “was ya dady a terrorist because you are the bomb”
You think; man this not going to last so I’m going to enjoy the moment HERE AND NOW.
You take her for granted and she bails for 3 months over summer and then comes back with a few of her friends ,and you hook up all of ya mates with these hot chicks , and they are stoked.
In all seriousness even though it is a job (I’m a instructor and school owner) I think of kiteboarding as a spiritual connection, there is nothing more humbling than the elements.

I just finished reading the surfers bible , not the scriptures in the back ,but the stories of the pro surfers that found that spiritual connection in there sport pretty inspiring.
aj
Old 08-04-2007, 08:51 AM

Thumbs up

AJ Great analogy !

Something perhaps was in the air/water yesterday as I had a similar revelation. Life’s been chucking a few curves my way lately. So I was more then stoked to be able to meditate in our liquid playground with a super fun session on a 13Bul riding my surfboard strapless in 2ft clean south swell (conditions practically unheard of in South FL in Aug) Many times threw out my 2+ hr session did the stresses of the world try to enter my temple. But they were stopped at the door, by the shear beauty and calmness that this session (like all, well most) provided. I absolutely love the ocean for her many, many virtues. IMO if you are connected to her, there is nothing in life that can compare.