FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2008, 09:06 PM
Skyway Scott

BigR, I thought this was an extreme sport.

[QUOTE=Chad085;27391]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyway Scott View Post
I think the snowbirds provide the local economy with a large proportion of our income. Probably not a good call to treat them poorly.

You're right, but as a lifelong local to this area they do get on my nerves from time to time. What i don't understand is why developers are tearing down all these hotels and shoppes and building condos in their place. Take a look at clearwater beach, perfect example. As a tourist your options are now very limited as far as where to stay and where to spend your money, and guess what? Those condos aren't selling!!!! Half of the condo projects haven't even come out of the ground yet due to lack of interest. All part of some master plan, i guess. So i don't hate tourists, but i still love the saying "If its tourist season, why can't we shoot them??"
Man, don't get me started. Progress? Ugh..... Do you remember the Aquatarium out on St. Pete Beach? I have home movies. I remember lots of stuff being different. Not so sure "progress" is good, but this is a kiting forum.