FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > SE Florida And The Keys Forum > What's happening?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 09-12-2006, 07:56 AM

Default Florence shares a little of the good stuff

Finally was able to get in a good session last night @ Lake Worth ( North Side of the Pier ) wind was N-NE between 14-16Kts with some lulls and gusts. WOW did it feel good to get wet, It's been SOooooooooo long

Seems as though Florence isn't producing the Swell that was predicted as of yet (9-12-06 am) But the wind is still up and that will definatly work for me. So lets keep our fingers crossed for another afternoon/evening session.

Anyone else get on it yesterday?
Old 09-12-2006, 09:01 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Re: Florence shares a little of the good stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHFLYN
Finally was able to get in a good session last night @ Lake Worth ( North Side of the Pier ) wind was N-NE between 14-16Kts with some lulls and gusts. WOW did it feel good to get wet, It's been SOooooooooo long

Seems as though Florence isn't producing the Swell that was predicted as of yet (9-12-06 am) But the wind is still up and that will definatly work for me. So lets keep our fingers crossed for another afternoon/evening session.

Anyone else get on it yesterday?
Yes, I made it out off Delray with much the same wind. I opted to take my smaller board out which cut down on performance a little bit. Still, as you say it was great to get out, it has been a long time. They are predicting more of the same today with more rain in the forecast, possibly squalls. AND, they are saying all those waves are too arrive today as well. I sure hope we have the wind to work them. I have often thought that it must violate some law of nature to have waves but not enough wind to surf them with a kite. Guess surfers may have a different outlook on this!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 09-15-2006, 07:57 AM

Yeehaaa!!! Yesterday afternoon from 3-4pm @ Boynton Inlet Outside SSE 15-20 with shoulder to overhead surf. Open faces to slash & launch off. What a blast

Anyone else get a piece of it?
Old 09-15-2006, 10:59 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHFLYN
Yeehaaa!!! Yesterday afternoon from 3-4pm @ Boynton Inlet Outside SSE 15-20 with shoulder to overhead surf. Open faces to slash & launch off. What a blast

Anyone else get a piece of it?
Glad you got some! I noticed the wind pickup and wondered why and then hoped it would last until quiting time. It didn't! There was a nasty set of powerful squalls passing eastward from here up to Orlando. The wind turned off as well as the squalls approached the coast.

Sounds like a great session. Where did the surf setup? South of the inlet over the bar?

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 09-15-2006, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickI
Where did the surf setup? South of the inlet over the bar?

You are correct, It was a full on North swell, But with the south wind that was on it. Cause it to section up, so there were these perfect chest to head high nuggets just asking to be layed open

It was short lived though. I was constantly watching to the west for the approching storms. They blew in around 4:45, I knew they were comming as I had checked the radar prior to heading out. I was in landed and wrapped up by 4

All and all this system "Florence" produced some fun days on the water for myself:

Kite sessions (2) Mon afternoon & Thur mid afternoon (short)
Surf sessions (4) Tues, Wed afternoon and Thur ( 2 short sessions) with evening glassy conditions

I'd like to see ALL Hurricanes follow this path :wink: