FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

Old 09-27-2007, 11:08 AM

Default T.I. wind report

Last edited by kite-4-life; 10-17-2007 at 08:29 PM.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:29 PM

Default thanks for wind report

steve thanks for the wind report. i will start posting on scene wind reports so everyone can know what is actually going on compared to the sensors
Old 09-27-2007, 03:46 PM
Skyway Scott

That's interesting, Blue Flag Beach was solid still even when I left at 4pm. I was litt on my 15m and small board. It didn't fill in to solid 15knots at Blue Flag until about 2pm. It was definitely much stronger about 100 yards offshore, I noticed. Close to shore was kinda lame. That happens a lot. Don't know why, though.

You can still see the whitecaps and the trees moving on the SPB sky cam.
http://www.baynews9.com/Sky9.html
Old 09-27-2007, 03:57 PM

Hey Scott you have to new Flexiboard right? What is the lowest amount of wind you have ridden that board with a 15? Does it plane up really well? Thanks
Old 09-27-2007, 04:15 PM
Skyway Scott

Yeah, I have the 130 Flexi (by 40).

It's got the most low end/fastest to plane of any board that size I have ridden.
It's one reason I got it, actually. I use to have a Super Phatty board (132 by 46). This board makes that board OBSOLETE in the range I use to use it (11 to 15 knots). The Super Phatty just stays in the garage now.

At my weight, (155) I am fully powered on the 15m Hyper in 13knots, no worries. 11 knots is do-able and I can easily hold ground, but I use my Glide in sub 13 knots because I really value being able to go upwind of everyone (stay out of trouble, in other words).
The 15m Hyper has more power than most kites, don't forget that factor.
Unimog Bob can attest to the board's low end and others have demoed it as well and liked it.
Billy let me demo his and I bought one that day.
I don't usually get that excited over a board, btw. But his was so good (for my style and preference) I literally ordered it right there off the beach.

Every one has a preference and I understand that. Some prefer the 132/138 UG's (my last board) but for me, I simply love the 130 Flexi. Anyone that has known me for years knows I was the unofficial UG pimp here (long before WSW carried them). So for me to hop off of UG in favor of Flexi says something about how I feel about this board. Again, it's rider preference, but I prefer the Flexi.
Once you take the low end into account, I think it's the (or one of the) best 130 by 40 boards for our conditions. (that's why I got it )
It's kinda ugly, just sorta brown, but who cares?

The board is exceptionally fast has and very little drag, I think this is why it is has such good low end.
Old 09-27-2007, 04:22 PM

thats one sick board... best upwind flat water board with tons of pop..
ive got the 135x41, its got a little more flex (no wood core) maybe a tad lighter, but definately not heavier... and possible an extra mph on the lowend.... but by far the best upwind boards ive ridden, my last session at LP at night, i was hitting major kiteloops on every port tack and still going to far upwind
gotta love that
Old 09-27-2007, 04:30 PM
Skyway Scott

Here's some stuff I said about it.

http://www.extremekiteskiteboarding....ight=130+board
Old 09-28-2007, 08:50 AM

i think 130x40 is a perfect sized board for tampa/st. pete...

my skywalker is 131 x 40 and its really handles all the conditions around here.. for super light wind i ride a 140 x 49 but thats for those "barely riding" days..

most new boards are less rocker and moderate concave.. it really allows for a huge range and cuts up the Bay chop that we mostly ride in..

the skywalker has a lot more flex than the flexi board but they are pretty similar in many aspects.. i rode scotts for a bit last week and really liked it.. (and he said my board went upwind better..so there!)

lol...

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa