FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2008, 01:51 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

I just heard a report from the last remaining small piece of beach in Pompano where you can still kite. A crew of prime "Tier 1" types came down to do a downwinder yesterday. I understand they rigged up, went out beyond the swim buoys and stayed beyond them for the trip down the coast. These were many of the same guys hammering more nails into kitings coffin through poor kiting behavior after the ban here just last week.

I want to thank these guys for taking care of their access and ours. We are still far from out of the woods in Pompano and serious discussions about easing access restrictions have yet to occur. Even if we get everything we could ask for, this sort of responsible kiting behavior will be needed to keep these gains from here on out. This applies in all out of bounds swimming areas as we are under the scrutiny in quite a few. I think someone had a serious discussion with some of these riders whose name begins with "Neil."

It is just a first step but one that is reason for optimism IF we can keep it up through the future and influence other riders to do the same. We will need everyone's help in keeping things open. So, as Neil and Kent said last night in the Podcast, get involved at your launch.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi