FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > Kite Events And Competitions > Upcoming Events!
Connect with Facebook

Old 12-25-2009, 10:43 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default KB4Girls With Kristin Boese - Global Kiteboarding Clincs!

Kristin Boese will be periodically sending in press releases and updates on the KB4Girls World Kiteboarding Clinic tour, here's the first:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Eight time world kiteboarding champion and sports model Boese reaches out to girls around the world to sharpen their skills and learn some new riding tricks.

TAMPA/LONDON/PERTH, Dec. 1 – World champion kite-boarding pro Kristin Boese is launching her first world-wide KB4girls kite-boarding tour and looking to etch her indelible mark in this rapidly growing exciting water sport.

Kristin has passionately organized and run a total of 16 girls’ clinics around the world in the past 7 years neither for profit or promotion and even with her own funding just out of passion. But the popularity and interest caught fire and now there is a demand to take the clinics to the next level.

The German cover girl has brought kitesurfing to the masses by modeling and starring in photo shoots for magazines such as Vogue, Playboy and Max to name just a few. But don’t be fooled by the slender beauty’s fragile blonde image, she puts her extreme talent in every twist and turn. She’s got drive and energy with creativity and imagination to go with it.

No surprise then that this year Kiteboarding magazine named her one of the ten most influential athletes in the sport.

Kristin Boese said: “I want to give female kiteboarders of all ages and levels from around the world the opportunity to come together, have fun, learn some new tricks and meet some other girls with the same interest.”

Ian M. Huschle, President and CEO of Pure Action Sports Worldwide, Inc. said, “Kristin's ability to reach out and encourage girls to learn and become more involved in kiteboarding, as well as her unprecedented achievements in her kiteboarding career, make her an incredible role model for female kiteboarders.”

“With KB4girls she is creating an amazing product for women around the world and I am sure we will soon see many more female kiters on the beaches. Guys will be jealous to be missing out on this opportunity!”

Kirstin confirmed, “Like most other sports, kite-boarding is pretty male dominated and from my own experience I know how tough and intimidating this can be for female kiteboarders. It can make all the difference if they are in an environment with other females who can encourage them and give them the confidence they need to excel.”

Fiona Wedenig, ex-pro kiteboarder (veteran), Switzerland: “Having witnessed Kristin coach many female kitesurfers over the years, I am confident to say that she is a great teacher and mentor as well as a tireless ambassador for women in this sport. She has achieved countless improvements in kitesurfing and has inspired and paved the way for many younger women.

“I competed many years together with Kristin on the World Cup and realised in that time, how important the support from fellow female kitesurfers is. Being able to train with and learn from each other is one of the best experiences ever!”

Elisha Caulfield (participant in one of the upcoming events): “When I first heard about the KB4girls tour I knew I had to get involved. I've never heard of anything like this and the fact the Kristin is giving her time to help other girls is awesome. I have always been fairly competitive with sports but have found that without other girls to push me I've become too comfortable with my riding.

“This tour is going to be a fantastic way to network with other girls and see how many awesome chick riders there are in WA. As a result of signing up I have already been motivated to contact other female riders for road trips and down winders. I've also felt the need to try some new tricks so that I can learn even better ones when I get to the clinic.”

Kristin also teamed up with Kiehl’s to support World-AIDS-day on December 1st. Next to Heike Makatsch, Irma, and Wotan Wilke Moehring she individually designed a post card for a set of 10 with the net proceedings going to the German AIDS foundation. Her card is a collage made of an action photograph and painted elements reflecting the waves, sun, sky and the thrill of kiteboarding.

Initial schedule for the KB4girls Tour:

Augusta, WA Australia 8-10 January 2010

Melbourne, VIC Australia 9-10 February 2010

Kahului, Hawaii, USA April 2010

El Gouna, Egypt May 2010

Cornwall, UK June 2010

Fischland, Germany July 2010

Malmoe, Sweden July 2010

Hood River, Oregon USA TBD

Bay Area, California USA TBD

European Tour Stop TBD

SportsFeatures.com is her exclusive press release distribution channel reaching out to sports press around the world.
Ends

Contact for the Tour:
mail@kristinboese.com
mobile: +61 44 744 2338 (AUS) or +49 172 3609889 (GER)
www.KB4girls.com
Twitter: KB4girls/ kristinboese
Facebook : Kristin Boese

About Kristin Boese

The 32 year old from Potsdam, East Germany grew up behind the iron curtain. A stellar student Kristin soon showed interest for all different kind of sports and ended up playing semiprofessional handball under a strict eastern German trainer for 12 years.

In summer 2002 she discovered kite-boarding and within a few months left Germany behind on her way to Fuerteventura/Spain to work at a kite and windsurf center and to dive into the sport.

She has written two instructional kite-boarding books with Christian Spreckels “Kitesurfing In The Waves: The Complete Guide” and “Kitesurfing: The Complete Guide". Plus she has published a DVD “Kitesurfing - a comprehensive guide with world champion Kristin Boese” which is a complete learning program for kitesurfers of all levels.

A list of her titles reads as follows:

2004 PKRA Vice World Champion
2005 PKRA Freestyle World Champion
2006 PKRA Freestyle
2006 PKRA Slider World Champion
2007 PKRA Boarder-cross World Champion
2007 KPWT Overall World Champion
2007 KPWT Course Race World Champion
2007 KPWT Wave-riding World Champion
2008 KPWT Course-race World Champion

------
Sports Features Communications Inc.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 12-25-2009, 10:45 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

World champion kite-boarder Kristin Boese and KB4girls kick off inaugural training clinic at Augusta, Western Australia, Jan 8-10, 2010

The KB4girls clinic in Augusta is organized in cooperation with WACK! (Western Australian Chick Kiters) and WAKSA (Western Australian Kite Surf Association).

TAMPA/LONDON/PERTH, Dec. 8: World champion kite-boarder Kristin Boese is launching first event of her worldwide clinic tour at the spectacular river location of Augusta, Western Australia.

The KB4girls clinic promises an exhilarating weekend of full immersion kite-boarding and recreation at the beautiful Augusta Rivermouth. Augusta is situated at the most south-westerly point of Australia is one of the most popular holiday areas where the Indian Ocean and Southern Oceans meet.

Kristin said: “The event in Augusta/Western Australia will be a great one to kick off the KB4girls’ tour. The spot in the Augusta River mouth is perfect with its shallow and flat water. It makes it easy for the girls to try to learn new tricks. It will be a lot of fun to spend a long weekend with the female kiters of Western Australia and I am very much looking forward to an awesome event and the official kickoff of KB4girls!”

While female kitesurfers of all levels and ages are invited to join the non profit KB4girls Augusta event it looks like the talent level will be quite high as a few of the registered riders are looking to learn some very advanced manoeuvres. However a gamut of tricks will be covered and in order to be able to give all participants attention, no matter if they want to learn their first jumps and rotations or their first handlepasses, a co-trainer will be on hand.

"I am very happy to announce Fiona Wedenig as my co-trainer for the event in Augusta. She is not only a great person but also has a lot of experience teaching kitesurfing as well as competing and will be a great support on my side." says Kristin.

Fiona competed from 2001 to 2004 on the kitesurfing world circuit and has been a fellow contender with Kristin. The two have forged a friendship that will now work to the Australian girls’ advantage as they will benefit from having two world class trainers for the event.

With demo-gear from Best Kiteboarding and the KB4girls tour rash-vests from DaKine the girls will be equipped with only the best products and will be able to push themselves to the next level.

WAKSA, who also supports the KB4girls event in Augusta is the representative body for Kitesurfing in Western Australia and is committed to keeping the sport safe and protecting local beaches. Additionally WAKSA supports female kiters in Western Australia through the WACK! group and a partnership with both came naturally for Kristin.

Nicolea Paul, WACK! network co-ordinator said: "We are very excited by the opportunity that Kristin Boese has created for WAChickKiters! and other girl kiters around the world, to come together on the water and learn some of the tricks of the trade from someone who is so accomplished. All of us are really looking forward to getting down to Augusta in January - roll on the New Year!”

“Kristin’s generosity in constantly wanting to encourage and teach other women kitesurfers around the world gives us an amazing opportunity to learn new skills from a world-class female athlete. I am really looking forward to the chance to tap into her unique wealth of knowledge and kiting tips - and I’m sure I am not the only one.”

Evelina Vasilas, participant in Augusta clinic is anxious for the fun to begin, saying: “I have been looking forward to the Kb4girls clinic in Augusta for months. It is such a beautiful and ideal place to learn new tricks and to do this together with a professional kitesurfing chick is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I can’t wait.”

Aaron Sales, Editor of Kiteboarding Magazine, commented that Kristin, through her clinics and outreach with the media “is doing a great job promoting our sport.” This reflects on kiteboarders around the world and inspires interest.

Registration for the KB4girls event in Augusta/WA closes December 22 and is limited to 30 participants so sign up fast to secure your attendance and fine-tune your ride. It will be a great experience for everyone that wants to learn much more about all facets of kite-boarding.

++++

EVENT: KB4girls in Augusta / Western Australia

PLACE AND DATE: Augusta Rivermouth, Turner Caravan Park, January 8 to 10, 2010

FURTHER INFO: Minimum requirements for participation are the ability to kite independently and go upwind as well as the supply of your own equipment. Every participant needs to have kite insurance and is responsible for herself.

ACCOMODATION: for this 3 day events most participants will need accommodation, a limited number of campsites are pre-booked and further information can be found on the registration website at www.kb4girls.com.

REGISTRATION CLOSES: December 22, 2009

CONTACT FOR KB4girls/AUGUSTA:
mail@kristinboese.com
+61 44 744 2338 (AUS)
www.KB4girls.com
Facebook : KB4girls / Kristin Boese

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 12-25-2009, 10:48 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Kristin Boese sets historic kite-boarding record with NINE women’s world championships

Boese enters Guinness World Records™ for winning the most world championships in kite-boarding.

TAMPA/LONDON/PERTH, Dec. 15: German Kristin Boese has secured her mark in the sport’s history by winning the Guinness World Records™ for the most kite-boarding world championships attained by a woman athlete. The certificate states: “The most kite surfing world championships won by a woman is nine and was achieved by Kristin Boese (Germany) between 2005 to 2008."

Boese is the owner of nine World Championship titles, with the ninth title in the wave discipline recently officially recognized.

Ralph Hannah, Records Manager at Guinness World Records comments:

"We are delighted to recognize Kristin's numerous kitesurfing world championships with a Guinness World Records™ certificate for the most kitesurfing world championships won by a woman.”

“Between 2005 and 2008 she has won an incredible nine world titles which are a combination of sanctioned events in wave, boardercross, slider and kicker, freestyle, course racing disciplines and overall titles. This also includes the 2005 PKRA Wave title, which despite being a single event we still considered the winner to be the world leader in wave riding at the time and have therefore recognized it as a world title, just as the male winner was considered the 2005 Wave world champion."

Boese showed an incredible variety of riding by winning these titles in five different disciplines, 2x freestyle, 2x wave, 2x course race, 1x slider & kicker, 1x Boarder-cross, and 1x Overall Title. This year she is first in the official International Kiteboarding Association (ISAF class) world ranking in course racing and also finished second in the one-off world championship event.

Kristin says: “I remember watching Guinness record attempts on TV when I was little and thinking how amazing it was that these people had done something that had never been achieved before. It makes me proud to actually be one of them now and it is a very special achievement for me.”

Mauricio Toscano, president of the Professional Kite-board Riders Association (PKRA), says: “Kristin Boese is an extremely talented athlete. She has competed in the PKRA Kiteboarding World Tour since 2002 and through the years she has become an icon in the kiteboarding world, by conquering more World titles than anyone else. As the PKRA world tour has always focused on promoting both the sport of kiteboarding and the riders, it is great to see this kind of success story.”

A natural rider, she started competing the same year she began kiteboarding (2002) and ended up ranked twelfth in the world that year, followed by fourth place in 2003 and second place in 2004. When she started her career the only competition discipline that existed was freestyle. As the sport developed she expanded with the newly recognized disciplines with much practice and preparation backed up with motivation. She proved her mettle by winning her first and second titles (freestyle) against competitors who on average were 10 years younger than her.

“When I first started competing,” she says, “I could only dream of maybe being the best female kiter in the world one day and becoming world champion. There was no way I could plan or even think of becoming this successful in the sport. However, after winning a few world championship titles I made it my goal to not only become the female kite-boarder with the most world championship titles, but also to push our sport and support female riders all over the world.”

The blonde beauty is very visible in the media and has also taken the sport to the masses through her modeling and photo shoots for magazines such as Vogue, Playboy and Max plus her kite-boarding videos are shown online in a number of sources.

KB4girls kite-boarding clinics

Boese has just launched her worldwide KB4girls 2010 Tour of kite-boarding clinics with the first event from January 8-10 in Augusta, Western Australia. This non-profit tour has the target of supporting females in the sport, to motivate them and help build local communities. In this tour, demo-gear from Best Kiteboarding and KB4girls tour rash-vests from DaKine will be provided so everyone is equipped with only the best products, enabling the girls to push themselves to the next level.

“Kristin’s generosity in constantly wanting to encourage and teach other women kitesurfers around the world gives us an amazing opportunity to learn new skills from a world-class female athlete. Thanks Kristin!” says coordinator Nicolea Paul, WAChickKiters Network, WA/Australia.

Elea Faucheron, aka “Air Chica”, Air Club for girls, says: “Being a woman in kiteboarding has never been more exciting. Women from all backgrounds and businesses are jumping headlong into the sport. The KB4girls 2010 Tour is an opportunity for woman globally to connect, share and challenge themselves. Thanks Kristin for bringing women together and sharing your incredible enthusiasm with us.”

Water sport environmentalist

Boese is a strong advocate of protecting the environment, especially the oceans and beaches as they are her daily playground. A partnership between an environmental foundation and her KB4girls clinic is currently in the works. Registration fees will be donated towards the protection of the oceans. She advises girls on smart water practices and encourages them to be respectful of water usage and cleanliness in their daily lives.

A list of her titles reads as follows:

2005 PKRA Freestyle World Champion
2005 PKRA Wave World Champion
2006 PKRA Freestyle
2006 PKRA Slider World Champion
2007 PKRA Boarder-cross World Champion
2007 KPWT Overall World Champion
2007 KPWT Course Race World Champion
2007 KPWT Wave-riding World Champion
2008 KPWT Course-race World Champion

Contact for the Tour:

mail@kristinboese.com
mobile: +61 44 744 2338 (AUS) or +49 172 3609889 (GER)
www.KB4girls.com
Facebook : Kristin Boese

###

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 12-25-2009, 10:50 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

KB4girls 2010 worldwide tour with Kristin Boese sets second kite-boarding clinic date at Melbourne, Australia, Feb 10-11

The KB4girls clinic in Melbourne is organized in cooperation with the St Kilda Festival and the “Week of the Wind” kite-boarding and sailing event.

TAMPA/LONDON/PERTH, Dec. 17: KB4girls kite-boarding 2010 worldwide tour is setting up its second clinic in Melbourne, Australia - led by nine-times world champion Kristin Boese and her team. If you are a female kiteboarder and looking to sharpen your skills and learn some new moves here is your chance to work personally with a world champion instructor.

St. Kilda is Melbourne’s most famous beach and the KB4girls clinic will take place on its shores within the activities of the Week of the Wind which will for the first time be part of Australia’s popular St Kilda Festival. During this Week of the Wind activities, all kitesurfers are invited to join the group and follow a bus to many of the great kite spots. KB4girls will be part of this movement, kiting perfect locations every day and teaching the female kiteboarders in the group their next new moves.

George Ierodiaconou, organizer of the Week of the Wind, said: "We are proud to have Kristen Boese as our guest of honour at Week of the Wind. Kristen's worldwide initiative to attract women to kiteboarding is important to the sport’s development in Australia.”

"We are honored that the girls of the KB4girls tour will come and join in the fun. They are the ideal ambassadors for our sport and our event which will introduce kiteboarding to over 300,000 people at the 2010 St Kilda Festival."

“It’s St Kilda Festival’s 30th birthday,” says Adele Denison, festival producer, “and we’re excited to have Week of the Wind as part of the program. It’s sure to be a spectacular event and great that Kristin is involved with her KB4 Girls program to encourage female boarders to take their kiting skills to the next level.”

Boese has confirmed Charlotte Simsar as her co-trainer for Melbourne, saying: “While Charlotte has experience competing in national and international competitions she is also a certified kite-boarding instructor. She will be the perfect support in giving the participating girls as many pro tips as possible and teach them many new moves too.”

Another big highlight of the week will be the national championships in Kiteboarding being held on the weekend. Boese will also undertake competition coaching for these girls registered for the clinic that want to get into competing. In effect, she will lead them through the contest with tips and pointers and instruct them in what to be aware of and what to avoid.

She said: “Some girls need a bit of extra motivation to get into competitions and many just don’t dare trying. However, I would really like to motivate more girls to get into competing and with me standing by their side during their first competition it just makes this step easier for them. I am very excited about the opportunity to guide the girls through the national championships!”

With demo-gear sponsored by Best Kiteboarding and tour rash-vests from DaKine the KB4girls will be equipped with only the best products and will be able to push themselves to the next level.

Sign up fast to secure your place at this fantastic event and take your riding to another level!

++++

EVENT: KB4girls in Melbourne / Victoria

PLACE AND DATE: during St. Kilda Festival, Week of the Wind, St. Kilda Beach/Melbourne, February 10-11, 2010

FURTHER INFO: Minimum requirements for participation are the ability to kite independently and go upwind as well as the supply of your own equipment. Every participant needs to have kite insurance and is responsible for herself.

ACCOMODATION: for this 2 day clinic and the one week event most participants will need accommodation. While the hotel Urban offers special rates for participants of the Week of the Wind there also are Backpackers close by that offer affordable rates. Further information can be found on the registration website at www.kb4girls.com.

REGISTRATION FEE: 30 AU$ that will be donated towards the protection of our oceans (more info coming soon!)

REGISTRATION AT: http://www.kb4girls.com/schedule.html

REGISTRATION CLOSES: January 31, 2009

BUS SHUTTLE AND CATERING: event packages that include shuttle-service to all the different spots and breakfast and lunch can be booked for the Week of the Wind and start at 99 AU$. Otherwise you will need your own transportation and refreshments.

CONTACT FOR KB4girls/MELBOURNE:

mail@kristinboese.com
+61 44 744 2338 (AUS)
www.KB4girls.com
Facebook : KB4girls / Kristin Boese

Initial schedule for the KB4girls Tour:

Augusta, WA Australia 8-10 January 2010

Melbourne, VIC Australia 10-11 February 2010

Kahului, Hawaii, USA April 2010

El Gouna, Egypt May 2010

Cornwall, UK June 2010

Fischland, Germany July 2010

Malmo, Sweden July 2010

Hood River, Oregon USA TBD

Bay Area, California USA TBD

Spain, TBD

SportsFeatures.com is her exclusive press release distribution channel reaching out to sports press around the world.

###

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 01-07-2010, 08:07 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Kristin just put up this promotional video for the tour:

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi