FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-20-2008, 04:19 PM
Skyway Scott

http://www.tbka.org/TBKAWiki/index.p...8Front_Side.29

Myself and SteveS put this up months ago. If you would like to add to it Steve-O, TBKA was created for that purpose and it was made abundantly clear to yourself and others that contributions would be appreciated.

In terms of the Skyway. When I ride there, I follow my own advice and get well offshore and stay there, especially on days where it might pick up quickly. People who ride there often see this on a regular basis.
Despite my personal choices, several riders still choose to ride close to shore and do whatever. They always have and always will. To my knowledge, I am not responsible for their behavior.

That brings me back to my prior post about realm of influence (Stephen Covey 101). If you are on the hunt for someone to point a finger at (and it sure seems like it to me), then start looking closer to home at your sponsored riders and instructors. You actually have influence over them. You have basically none over most others (just like I don't).
The best you can do is to get all your sponsored guys and instructors to ride like great role models who practice what you preach. That is the best way for you to positively affect our community.