FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > SE Florida And The Keys Forum > What's happening?
Connect with Facebook

Old 04-16-2007, 10:03 PM

Default Hobie Beach with a 7 meter

Not sure if any of you were out at Hobie Beach yesterday - although I know some of you had to have been because it was super crowded. It was a great day - I was there from about 10 - 3 and it was blowing 20-25 mph the whole time. It was really crowded and really gusty but lots of fun.

I had a chance to ride a 7 meter kite for the first time. I am a big guy and weigh 220 so I ususally need extra power and I had never been kiting on anything smaller than a 12 before. Let me tell you for anyone who has not had the opportunity to try a small kite - it was awesome. It really was like a whole different sport - the kite is so much faster and so responsive. I wish I could use smaller kites more often but down here its probably gonna always be a once a year occasion. I'm sure a lot of p[eople here in South Florida don't have such small kites in their quiver because it is so rare to need them. I can only imagine what it would like to be out in winds that would require an even smaller kite like a 5 meter.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:19 AM
ruffridah89

the winds in miami tend to be on average 15 knts. I would typically use a 14 meter for that
-Danny