FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

Old 11-30-2008, 04:48 PM

Default Key West Car Wash

Thats what we call it in the keys when you get 20+ knot winds from the south with rain, but the condtions are so good.

I was glad to welcome this day and get to ride with the whole crew down in key west, its not for everyone and as long as you know how to use your safety and boost....well the fun never ends.

Was amazing to ride and push , and be pushed by people like Aaron and Che and others having a non offical kite loop comp at smathers beach. So good to see all the aloha and stoke from all riders from everywhere as we get this rare beach day in the winter to have some fun.
Hope everyone else had a good day out there..... even show'd the young guys doing sick kite loops my 7-42

Thats a 7 with a kite loop ment for a 42 year old....looks like i will wipe out, but you pull a kite loop....again, great to see all having fun!

Aloha Paul Menta
Old 11-30-2008, 05:08 PM

Default key west car wash

Today was really good, everyone was going off, I got some good pic's and will be uploading them in the next day or two,I just want to thank all the rider,s for staying away from the beach when possible, and although there were a few incidents, no one got hurt.

Greg

ps, while writing this, a squall, just hit us and the winds went from 20 mph to 49 mph in about five minutes.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:29 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Glad you guys got some good wind and no injuries to go with. Some of those squalls sounded potent. Anyone grab some shots of the action? It would be good to checkout your 7-42 move Paul!

South is a funky direction for Big Stirrup, not on in other words. If fact walking around the island, most of the launches look dodgy or conflicted with bathing areas. Had wind into the mid 20's at one point with no real squalls. Nice place to stop by though. Some weekend cruises on NCL are going for $100. ($160. w/tax on some odds weekends now!) Hey, do you guys ever have a Key West Wash and Wax?. Like to check that action out sometime!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 12-01-2008, 06:27 AM

Ohhh, that was a blast riding with everyone. Definitely some good consistent wind, besides feeling like I just had acupuncture from the rain, it was a blast! Love seeing that 7-42 you speak of. That first time I saw it, Im thinking, oh hes over-rotating and about to bite it, oh wait, did he just loop the kite, as you snap back around on the second twist for a solid landing! woot!

Great time with all. I have a couple of photos of the day I will upload later. Good times! see you at Christmas.

Fritz
Old 12-01-2008, 08:45 AM

Glad you guys had a good time down yonder. It was really good in Islamorada also. Completely lit up on 9-10m kites. (could have been on 7's) About 10 of us were rippin it up at Anne's Beach for most of the day. Great little waves on the outside. I wish we had more days like that. A little bit of rain throughout the day within some small squalls but not as bad as it sounds like in KW. 1 small incident with a 2009 x-bow 9m in the mangroves but everyone was fine.

Hope all is well down there and I hope everyone had a happy holiday. See you soon.

Noel
www.othersideboardsports.com