FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > KITEBOARDING AT ... launches, precautions, SCHOOLS, SHOPS, meets, local groups and more > Northeast Florida
Connect with Facebook

Old 05-01-2007, 05:33 PM

Default Kiters Near Ponte Vedra, Fl?

Hey guys, Im gonna be in ponte vedra all summer and was seeing if anyone lives near there and wants to hit up some sessions together.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:57 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFredek View Post
Hey guys, Im gonna be in ponte vedra all summer and was seeing if anyone lives near there and wants to hit up some sessions together.
We don't get that much traffic from that part of the coast, strangely enough. I know there is a fairly active crew at Huguenot Memorial Park in Jax but that is a ways to the north. Alternatively, there is another active group off Matanzas Inlet south of St. Augustine. For coastal, open ocean riding you are fine where you are of course. Summer winds are often light aside from the odd system and thermals unfortunately. You might touch base with Extreme Kites in St. Augustine for some ideas as well.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 05-01-2007, 06:04 PM

I've been up to huguenot before a couple times. That is where i first learned actually. And i've bought some gear from extreme kites as well, but I have not made it out to Matanzas yet. Both matanzas and Huguenot are about 45 mins to an hour from me. I'm about 2 minutes away from a beach in ponte vedra where I kite, but Im always alone and its tough sometimes when I don't have friends to help launch. But as far as i know i'm the only one in ponte vedra that kites.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFredek View Post
I've been up to huguenot before a couple times. That is where i first learned actually. And i've bought some gear from extreme kites as well, but I have not made it out to Matanzas yet. Both matanzas and Huguenot are about 45 mins to an hour from me. I'm about 2 minutes away from a beach in ponte vedra where I kite, but Im always alone and its tough sometimes when I don't have friends to help launch. But as far as i know i'm the only one in ponte vedra that kites.

hey bro, were you out at solano on sunday afternoon? if it wasnt you then there are at least 3 people in PVB that kite, I usually am surfing solano or crossroads and see guys kiting there. anyways hit me up.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:13 PM

Talking I know 2 guys in PVB that kite pretty often.......

I know two guys that live down by the Lodge in PVB, one's name's Mark and I forget the other guys name, but I live in Neptune Beach(15 blocks N. of JaxBch) so I don't get down to PVB that much in my free time. If you want to meet up halfway sometime, like come up to 28th St. S. in JB, then I sometimes meet some of my other kiting friends from in town down there. That's where I met the 2 guys from PVB. I'm always working down in PVB so if you know the winds are gonna be good 1 or 2 days in advance then let me know and I might be able to meet up with you after work. Always better to go kiting with someone else than alone. Remind me to call Mark if interested and I'll see if I can set you guys up to meet. Let's hope we'll have another week or 2 of good winds.
Nate
Old 06-04-2007, 03:29 PM

yea definately man, the winds blowing offshore right now and prolly for a while. Where do you work at? But next time there is some good winds, im game for meeting up.