FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 11-21-2007, 09:33 PM
Tom Stock

Default WTF, new kite shop???

So I'm at the UPS store and I see 6 kites stacked up behind the counter... hmmm I'm thinking crazy 6 best kites! I ask the lady and she doesn't know much about them. Hmmm.... so afterwards I am driving out of the parking lot and out of the corner of my eye in a vacant shop window... it's a big orange BEST kite!!!

Curious, I stop, leave my car running, hop out and look in the window to see Scott staring back at me next to the "SPACE AVAILABLE" sign in the window... with a bunch of kites behind him.

I ran in quick, snapped some pics and ran out to my car which was still running before he could have any chance of telling me to keep it quiet.

YOU ARE BUSTED BUDDY!

Kites in the UPS store, Scott a few doors down pumping up kites in a vacant shop.... things that make you go hrrrrrrrmmmm.....

Old 11-22-2007, 06:54 AM
Can't Re-member

HA!

That means he has to go back to dawn patrol as his only time to kite!!

Happy thanksgiving buddy
Old 11-22-2007, 06:59 AM

I hope your not joking Tom. I can’t think of a better person to run a kite shop! Scott has got to be one of the most knowledgeable kiters in our community. If just half of the kiters he has helped over the years patronize his shop he’ll be selling faster than UPS can deliver. If it is true CONGRATULATIONS an best wishes Scott. If Tom is pulling my leg it would be a great idea anyway.

Bob

PS when can we demo that 14HP being pumped up against the 14 ERA?
Old 11-22-2007, 07:07 AM

Scott is the Man!!!!
Old 11-22-2007, 05:42 PM
Skyway Scott

Funny stuff. No shop. Long explanation, but I am out of here now, it's blowing solid 20 SSE and I need to burn off some turkey.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:08 PM
Tom Stock

I got a few PM's about this so I just wanted to confess I was F'in with Scott!

Short story is a buddy had quiver of kites (3 not 6) delivered to the UPS store because he was overseas on vacation and wouldn't be back for a couple of months. He asked us to check them out and make sure they held air, etc, and return them to Best if they didn't. He called the UPS chick to let her know what was up and she let us use a vacant store in the strip to pump them up. She was sorta hot so we tried to impress her with the kites. Didn't work sigh.

Once we confirmed they held air, were the right kite in the right color, etc, they were shipped to him overseas

BTW, the vacant shop is next to the UPS store on 34th st. s. as you are approaching the skyway on ramp... it's still vacant.

So despite trying to convince Scott to open his own shop (on that day even) he still won't bite. Oh well. Shop would be closed every day anyway because he'd be riding so it wouldn't last long! lol.