FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > KITEBOARDING AT ... launches, precautions, SCHOOLS, SHOPS, meets, local groups and more > Bahamian Kiteboarding Forum
Connect with Facebook

Old 04-17-2007, 03:35 PM

Default You call THAT a winter?

In no particular order

1. Found time to learn how to kiteboard about 10 times between October and March.

2. Found a crew of people too relaxed and too in love with kiteboarding to leave me to learn on my own. Even though I couldn't find the right arrangements for a proper lesson.... these wierd bahamian guys helped me out wherever they could even when it meant giving up some of their time. Who ever heard of such a thing?

3. In march I found lots of time to ride and got good enough so that AJ couldn't recognize me and my horrible stance/style from a distance of 200 metres... (that was actually AJ's greatest compliment! "Steve you'relooking really good out there... I couldn't even tell it was you!!")

4. I crashed into Mark... this was secretly my goal in coming to the bahamas.

5. I picked up kiteboarding! This is a feat... others in my situation picked up substance abuse problems and not much more. I think I win that contest any day of the week.

6. I found out who was the better boarder between Robby and Shuman... I've taken the secret with me to Canada... and I'm not telling anyone. Let the battle rage!

I'm going to keep on posting here even though I'm now in Toronto... but let this post be my thanks to everyone down there including Ballooner for the gear, Mateo for his ridiculous patience on several occasions, and then AJ, Robby, Shuman, Mark, Jason, Dave and Ballooner for the encouragement... I think I got everyone.

You guys have a good scene down there.... which is good because scenes are usually by definition horrible things. It's small, focused, and tight knit. When I get back down there... I hope you guys are all still boarding, squabbling, helping, jumping, looping and whatever else happens to come to mind.

Thanks again eh?
Old 04-17-2007, 03:59 PM

Sorry your stay was so brief. Come back and visit soon.

Post pics from Cherry Beach (don't forget your down-filled wetsuit and hood or you'll get a wicked icecream headache).

p.s. Did you get my message about the bar? Drill out rivet on bar end piece.
Cut to desired length. Re-rivet piece back on. Repeat. Enjoy.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:16 PM

Sunday was great. It's been a while since we have ridden in CH.....

Monday I went out at Beach Bay or whatever it's called. I liked it too, I wish I had my Converse though. The wind was pretty gusty (12-20+) but these new kites make these kind of days fun whereas the old C kites made me just more upset.

Not a beginner's spot though.....