FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

Old 06-07-2007, 06:42 PM

Default kiteboard travel bag

I live in NJ and i'm going down to Venezuala for some riding in Los Roques. I need to get a bag that will hold two boards, two kites, and my bindings(LF escalades). I've seen some nice bags but i don't want to go over the weight. Also i've heard about some golf bags, Pro limit and Best golf/kite bags. Any suggestions/reviews, likes/dislikes???
Old 06-07-2007, 08:43 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

I just returned from a trip using an NSI golfbag. I've flow with it several other times but when the limit was 70 lbs.. I was nailed with an oversized bag charge only once on an interisland commuter out in Hawaii. With the new 50 lb. limit you may be hard pressed to carry two boards and two kites in the same bag along with your other gear and accessories. I would try to preweigh things and distribute items among your second checked bag and carry on luggage. If you are traveling with someone else who may have spare space/weight, even better. I've carried two kites in vacuum bags in my carry on bags so a lot is possible. American now allows kiteboards subject to size and weight limitations. Not all airlines do this and the golf bag ruse isn't always that effective. They could have put some interior pockets in the NSI bag and perhaps made it just a bit shorter. It is noticeably longer than a real golf bag. More travel and packing ideas appear in: http://fksa.org/showthread.php?t=1018 Have a good trip!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 06-12-2007, 11:00 AM

Check with your airline. SOME airlines allow 70lbs for Golf Bags.

I have a brand new, never used 07 Litewave Golf Bag if you're interested. Bought for a trip but ended up using my old brunotti board bag instead. It retails for $149 but I will sell for $99, not including shipping which should be about $15 or so Fed Ex ground CA to FL. email me at marina@thekiteboarder.com if you're interested:-)