FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 01-19-2008, 05:37 PM

Big R that sure is a beautiful surf board you were on today. I was riding behind you on a couple of tacks and that thing just looks so nice. Sorry you didn't get any real waves it just didn't have any time to crank up. Boy I'm glad we left when we did, just as we got to the dock it went to full gale with lots of electricity in the air, we put the boat away in 45 plus.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:45 PM
Tom Stock

I got 15-20 minutes at Backside before the storm came in. Lit and jumping to the moon on my 9m. I worked my way up wind and did one continuous series of jumps and kite loops that made me grin ear to ear. Too bad there was noone else there to enjoy it with. Self landed just as the storm rolled in.

Ready for tomorrow!! Gandy->SW
Old 01-19-2008, 07:30 PM
Can't Re-member

Thanks Whitey!

It was a blast out there, I should'a rigged bigger, a 12m instead of the 9m, But it was lotsa fun! We'll definitely be back for more.

Yeah, there was a real buzzz in the air at the very end, a little electrifyng even. LOL! Chad sure felt it as he landed his kite.....
Old 01-19-2008, 07:48 PM

Just talked to Gabe....he got sparked twice up there at Honeymoon. I think that makes 5 hits for him since I have been riding with him.

If he ever joined the forum I think "Sparky" would be the perfect screen name.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:06 AM

yep i got zapped pretty good that was nuts. I heard some thunder on my tack out, then on the way in went for "one more boost" when i landed it arc-ed about 2 feet from the water to my leg and hurt like hell. Just goes with my shocking personality i guess
Old 01-27-2008, 04:10 PM
<jason

Talking first session on the 13m 08 roo

Was at nb today first time on my new roo...and although i have no (new kite) basis for comparison that thing smokes....imo
Does anybody know what it was blowin there?
Even boosted a little air off of a wave..( Good for me cause i totally suck )
Port tack upwind like a mofo starboard not happening yet...my legs hurt from walking so much
Jason
Old 01-27-2008, 04:25 PM
Skyway Scott

Cool. I am trying to figure out what it was blowing out there and in other areas. An educated guess averaging a couple sensors would give you around 18 to 20 most of the day. But, the current shit cans some of it out there, so probably felt more like mid to high teens (?) on the water. What did it seem like?
Got a wind meter? (I know I don't!)

I can tell you that kite smokes last year's waroo. Not even close. Last year's is a pig by comparison.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:45 PM
Tom Stock

No kidding... since I was riding my 9m 08 waroo today, jumping and going upwind with no problem... last year I would have never rigged a 9m in 15mph.