FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

Old 10-23-2013, 07:51 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Help To "Kickstart" A New Talent With An Intriguing New Sound

A dedicated group of creative, talented musicians need our help in making an Extended Play album (EP), "Blown Away". The Pathetique is working to mix their EP through Kickstarter.com. Kickstarter was a topic on NPR today, with our help, this trendy Net resource could see the crew reach their goal in this venture.

So, why bother? Well, because these college music majors are good with a unique sound? True, but there is more to it than that, they put a lot of passion, creativity and inspired musical effort into their pieces. They play Indie Progressive music. This is what The Pathetique has to say about it:

"Listening to their music in succession is a roller coaster ride--one song might feature sweet, melodic counterpoint between the male and female vocals with flowing guitars and psychedelic sounds that seem to take you away from the world for a moment, while the next might feature complex guitar figures in odd time signatures with heart-pounding drums." - Continued

Listen to some of it and I think you'll hear what I mean ... Click for the music

My favorite is the last of the lot with haunting melodies and inspired transitions. I am looking forward to buying their EP once it hits the streets, Net, whatever, it promises to be a special work. The group was recently brought out to Las Vegas to play a four night gig.

You can support The Pathetique through Kickstarter by clicking HERE
The band pitches their cause through a creative video clip on that page.

I learned about The Pathetique through Ben Cross, one of the band AND a core kiter. I met Ben at the beach while shredding one day. He is good with a kite and his music on the keyboard.

Ben lands a nice one in the Keys.

The Pathetique

I think the group put it best ...

"The Pathetique, the most famous band you've never heard of, is seeking backers to fund the mixing of their new album, Blown Away." So, have a look & listen, then please help by making a generous donation on Kickstarter

The group is on Facebook and has their own website as well.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi

Last edited by ricki; 10-23-2013 at 08:38 PM.