FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > KITEBOARDING AT ... launches, precautions, SCHOOLS, SHOPS, meets, local groups and more > Northwest Florida
Connect with Facebook

View Poll Results: Do you want a new Tampa Bay/St. Pete Forum to be created here?
Yes 10 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2006, 09:34 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default A NEW Tampa Bay Forum On This Site

There are a lot of riders in the Tampa Bay area. I am thinking about setting up a Tampa Bay Forum in addition to the other forums for the state of Florida. It would take the place of the Northwest Florida forum for Bay riders.

Also, I think multiple moderators would help out for the new forum. Eagle has been a moderator on the site for over a year and has agreed to stay on. Raul, whom I've known for seven years has agreed to be another moderator. When I put these forums together a couple of years ago, I thought about having even 4 moderators per site. The moderators would work together in keeping things going. What would you think about that for the Tampa Bay forum?

If you have names that you would like to suggest for the moderator, please post them or PM them to ricki. I will put together a poll to vote on the other two moderators.

We all have lives and real jobs, the duties of moderators should be fairly limited. Things like fielding questions, focusing discussions, tossing in ideas and on the odd ocassion collectively dealing with questionable posts. We have to show a lot of restaint and tolerence in these forums for them to work well. With multiple moderators, the burden doesn't fall on any one individual.

What about a name? Does Tampa Bay work or would you prefer St. Petersburg Forum or ?

Finally, on this subject of names, what would you think about using real names instead of screen names for posts?

What do you think?