FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > SE Florida And The Keys Forum > Session Report!
Connect with Facebook

Old 09-26-2006, 03:44 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHFLYN
WIND ALERT!!!! :shock:

Boynton Beach 14-17knots out of the S-SE as of 4:20pm

Ocean has white caps ALL over- Sea's are flat. Don;t know how long it will last
I just looked out the window and checked the anenometer, you beat me to it! WAY TO GO! See you at the beach.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 09-27-2006, 10:40 AM
ruffridah89

Get in the action now, guys!
Old 09-27-2006, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickI
You beat me to it!

Ahhh haaa that I did :P :lol:

I had to race home to Lake Worth, Grabbed my gear. Checked the radar. That bummed me out, There was a cell just west of the beach moving east. So I packed it in my ride and HAULED azz back to Boynton Public. Hoping that the 7 miles I just travled south would give me that extra 1/2 hour of ride time.

As I'm booking it for the beach, I see a (single) kite in the air. I give the wave to Jeff from BESTKITEBOARDING.

I get my gear set up and ready to launch in record time. Land Jeff's kite and chat for a few to find out that he had been there since 4pm :roll: (it' now 5:40) He gives me a launch and off I go into my liquid relaxation. Wind held up for about 45 minutes and then that storm that had run me from LW. Sucked all the wind in that it was going to and it tappered off to maybe 10 knots.

Work really can get in the way sometimes :roll:
Old 09-27-2006, 06:05 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHFLYN
Quote:
You beat me to it!

Ahhh haaa that I did :P :lol:

I had to race home to Lake Worth, Grabbed my gear. Checked the radar. That bummed me out, There was a cell just west of the beach moving east. So I packed it in my ride and HAULED azz back to Boynton Public. Hoping that the 7 miles I just travled south would give me that extra 1/2 hour of ride time.

As I'm booking it for the beach, I see a (single) kite in the air. I give the wave to Jeff from BESTKITEBOARDING.

I get my gear set up and ready to launch in record time. Land Jeff's kite and chat for a few to find out that he had been there since 4pm :roll: (it' now 5:40) He gives me a launch and off I go into my liquid relaxation. Wind held up for about 45 minutes and then that storm that had run me from LW. Sucked all the wind in that it was going to and it tappered off to maybe 10 knots.

Work really can get in the way sometimes :roll:
Yes, you did. We should race to call the wind alert more often. For one thing that means will have more wind and for another, more of us should grab water time.

I drove up to the inlet after your alert yesterday anxious to checkout some of those nice swells you can get up there. I arrived missed the swells, saw the outgoing tide, saw no one out (aside from Jeff at the park to the south) and figured next time! I was staring at that mass of clouds in the NW too while trying to dial in a radar loop on my phone. It didn't look all that encouraging, another reason to bear south. Sorry it stole the wind, still it was good for a while. It is great the wind has come up despite poor forecast twice in two days. Tonight I think will be a miss, soon though?

Yes, regular work hours can really take a toll on our high grade water time.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 09-29-2006, 11:04 AM

Quote:
We should race to call the wind alert more often. For one thing that means will have more wind and for another, more of us should grab water time.

I'm calling an EAIRLY~ WIND ALERT here!!

Currently @ LW winds are North @ 9-11knots as of 11am.

Lets keep our fingers crossed for an afternoon (Cool front) North wind session. Ahhhhh the SEASON is knocking on our southerly door. FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-29-2006, 02:04 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Thanks for the heads up, sadly I was landlocked in a suit, giving a presentation at the time. Quiting time is coming up though and I think it might build, 12 to 13 kts. and rising hopefully at 3 pm.

How about the forecast for 20-25 kts???!

I hope it comes to pass, just because they predict it and so far out doesn't mean it will happen though. I'll try not to jinx it by identifying the day.

YEAH! Bring on the cold fronts, finally!!!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 10-01-2006, 10:23 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

15 to 20 kts. forecast from Monday night through Friday!? You gotta love fall. The wind is back!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 10-01-2006, 10:26 PM

I can't wait. Looking to hit commercial beach after work tomorrow, maybe hammock park in boynton.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:33 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Is this great or what?! I had to do a model shoot late today into the early evening in Ft. Lauderdale. Tons of guys were on the water ripping it up and having a great time. I finished up at around 7 pm just in time to rig up and have at it. Lots of light from the shore and moon. It was a great session, scenic and peaceful. More of the same tomorrow and more to come for the next few days with a return of 15 to 20 kts. on Saturday by the forecast.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 10-14-2006, 08:32 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default When's the wind going to arrive?

Checking ikitesurf the wind has turned on to the north already as the cold front slides down the peninsula. The isobars are stacking up nicely up north.

The winds seem to be turning on just to the north of the cloud line at the leading edge of the front.

What are the guesses out there as to when the winds will come, barring stalling, God forbid?

I guess for Delray the winds will hit 15 to 20 mph by 1 pm by current indications.

You can fine tune and update your guess by winds turning on ikitesurf and passage of the front at the day wears on.

There doesn't seem to be a major squall line at the leading edge of this one but I wouldn't mess with that part anyway. Wait until it passes and the stronger winds fill in behind.

Other guesses out there?

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi