FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > SE Florida And The Keys Forum > What's happening?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 02-11-2008, 07:01 PM

Hey fellas,

Thanks for all the great information! Danny and I are sure to stop in on the way and say hello! Work has kept me off the water to long, and I seem to find myself looking out the office window more and more the last couple months, but really looking forward to the time off and riding the flats.

Will keep you posted as it nears. Again, I appreciate all the responses and Rick thanks for having such a great gathering spot to reach out to fellas.

B-rad, Noel, Greg, I'll see if I can grab a couple swag items up our way for a swap when we meet up.

Really looking forward to the break and getting out on the water!

Thanks guys~
Old 02-16-2008, 04:59 PM

Confirmed. Holiday Inn 3/27 - 3/30

Looking forward to mmeting the Keywest Crew. Good times ahead! Thanks for all the info and looking forward to it.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:45 PM

Default Places to stay in Key West

If there is a group, try checking out VRBO.com (vacation rental by owner). Can get some good deals on houses for rent, as long as it's not a big event, such as Fantasy Fest. As long as you tell them you're not spring breakers. - Paco
Old 03-22-2008, 04:20 PM

The clearwater/St. Pete crew will be in Key West thursday mrning at 7am.

Has smathers been ridable?

Where else can you ride in key west/near key west when the wind has north in it???

any recommendations or hook-ups on scooters and scuba diving?

Thanks

Danny
407-902-8484
Old 03-22-2008, 05:13 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

There are no ready shoreside accessible launches for north winds that I would recommend in Key West. Take a sea taxi to the flats, you'll have stronger wind, shallower water useable from all directions. It is worth the money for prime riding.

Tons of places to rent scooters and bikes. Just look around down by the harbor. There are resellers for diving excursions all over as well. I can't recommend any from personal knowledge, maybe Greg or some of the Key West guys can offer a suggestion.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 03-22-2008, 09:19 PM

Default st Pete guys head to the Keys

Give me a call @305 407 6748 when you guys are here and I will meet up with you,if the winds are not good for Smathers and we go out to ride at the lagoon you guys are more than welcome to come out with us.

Greg.
Old 03-22-2008, 09:23 PM

Default renting scooters

The best place to rent scooters is the MOPED HOSPITAL on the corner of Truman and Simonton, which is one block off Duval st.

Greg
Old 03-22-2008, 10:33 PM

Thanks for the heads up greg. I saved your number. I have a reservation for myself + 2 of my friedns to go out to the flats with Nick from the Kitehouse. $60 a person. If you got something better let me know.

My only fear is that there are alot of north winds while I am there and that I don't get to ride that much.

our reservation is for saturday at 12:30pm. Other than that we are looking to ride thursday afternoon, friday afternoon and sunday morning.

I'll give you a shout when I get down there. I've been to key west a couple times about 3 or 4 years ago for spring break, always a blast!
Old 03-23-2008, 07:47 AM

Default st pete heads to the keys

Nick and THE KITEHOUSE offer a great trip out to the flats to ride so if you are booked with them you should definately go with them,you will have a great time,and won,t be dissapointed,we might even see you guys out there in the pm, otherwise if the beach is good I will be down there (Smathers) around noon .

Greg
Old 03-23-2008, 06:54 PM

One more thing...

I am selling my big kite and my new one won't be in until after i get back from the keys. Do any shops down there offer demo kites, or rent them out?

No one here rents kites, but if my kite is ever in the shop they always give me a loaner. All I will have is my 12m LF Assault2 and i'm about 190. 18-20 is usually the minimum for me to ride that thing...

any thoughs?