FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > SE Florida And The Keys Forum > What's happening?
Connect with Facebook

Old 07-04-2007, 02:06 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Wow, I had no idea. Looked at the light but building wind prospects to the east and massive building thermal squalls converging from the west and figure, not today. I didn't see obvious swells from A1A, it is good you looked more closely.

Glad you grabbed some nice swells. Good way to start Independence Day.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 07-08-2007, 07:46 PM

Default Afternoon session

Around 4 at my house I could see that it had come back up a bit. So I drove up to Lake Worth for a visual, Wind was 10-12mph. So I figured since it was SSE I'd head back down to Boynton and see if it was a little stronger.

No such luck, same 10-12mph. Hung out for a few till around 5, right as the guards were wrapping it up for the day. The wind puffed up a bit more maybe 13-14mph. So I just couldn't call it a day yet, I rigged up the 17 and headed out on my surfboard and wound up putting in a full 2 hour session!
Old 07-09-2007, 07:38 PM

#78 "HOWZAWIND!!!!" THREAD
Today, 01:29 PM
BizGuru

Sounds good, I got some new kites to check out... hopefully it will be strong after 5:00.

So far it looks good, I see someone out there riding at Hammock Park.
Attached Imagessho001.jpg (69.2 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by BizGuru : Today at 04:39 PM.

Well ya caught me, I bailed out of work and got there early. Wind was good at first. I was on my 13, but it didn't last for long. I switched up to a 17 and was well powered, Rode a surfboard most of the afternoon. Wind came on for maybe 1/2-3/4hr, powered enough to hop on a kiteboard. It seemed according to the ocean surface conditions alot windier then it was (~scratchingmyhead~ not sure about that one) No complaints here it's July and I got to ride
Old 07-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Glad you guys hit it. Get ready it's going nuclear tomorrow by the forecast, 10 to 15 mph SE!!!.

How can you tell it's summer? That's how.

Have fun

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 07-09-2007, 10:44 PM

Angry

Well after watching your guys ride on the webcam I got stuck at work till 6, desprate with my new prototype kite I rushed to commercial to watch the kiters come in just as I get my kite up and started to play aroound with the tuning. As the winds began to lull more and more, I headed out into the water the kite fell shortly after partly because of course I had a nice 3 mph current running the same direction of the wind. Frustrated with life in general I packed up my kite and went home. Only to sit at my computer to finish the work I skipped out on to go kiting.

I must figure out how to kite more and work less.

I am chasing wind this weekend, if there is wind within a 7 hour radius I will be there. Roadtrip time.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:04 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

It goes that way so often in summer trends. Lots of us have been through that so many times. It's good practice?

I don't know about this weekend (predicted to swing SW, side offshore), but the guys on the NE coast, say the Matanzas area have had some pretty good, even remarkable winds in recent weeks. Lots of days in the high teens, even into the 20's mph range per ikitesurf. Why not give Daryl a call at Extreme Kites and see how things look within the next couple of weeks.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 07-10-2007, 07:25 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickI View Post
It goes that way so often in summer trends. Lots of us have been through that so many times. It's good practice?

I don't know about this weekend (predicted to swing SW, side offshore), but the guys on the NE coast, say the Matanzas area have had some pretty good, even remarkable winds in recent weeks. Lots of days in the high teens, even into the 20's mph range per ikitesurf. Why not give Daryl a call at Extreme Kites and see how things look within the next couple of weeks.
Ohhh I've had my share of PRACTICE, I try to keep the "Sugar" off my "Cookie"

One MIGHT want to make today a SICK/VACATION day as theres already a good SSE flow coming in here in Boynton.

IMO, it would be worth saving the fuel and time. Always nice to see other parts of Florida. But with wind in the backyard, it ALL that much more ride time!

Good Winds ~n~ Be Safe!
Old 07-10-2007, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickI View Post
Glad you guys hit it. Get ready it's going nuclear tomorrow by the forecast, 10 to 15 mph SE!!!.

How can you tell it's summer? That's how.

Have fun

It didn't quite Nuke like it was forecast to

But hey I rode again w/the summer "Light Wind Kit" in 11-12kts, for a good 2 hours. There was actually a small South wind swell to play on too.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:58 PM

How insane is this, It's JULY and I just got off the water again!
Kited Lake Worth North side tonight. Mixxed it up between my kiteboard and a surfboard. Put in a solid 2hours of riding. Winds were steady between 12-13kts with some better puffs inbetween

I've been able to kite the last 6 days/evenings straight
~ it's just been unreal

Last edited by HIGHFLYN; 07-14-2007 at 10:56 AM.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:14 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

well done! I was heading over thurs. and fri. but got derailed by work. you are moving toward a record, keep at it.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi