FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > Kite Events And Competitions > Upcoming Events!
Connect with Facebook

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-25-2009, 10:43 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default KB4Girls With Kristin Boese - Global Kiteboarding Clincs!

Kristin Boese will be periodically sending in press releases and updates on the KB4Girls World Kiteboarding Clinic tour, here's the first:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Eight time world kiteboarding champion and sports model Boese reaches out to girls around the world to sharpen their skills and learn some new riding tricks.

TAMPA/LONDON/PERTH, Dec. 1 – World champion kite-boarding pro Kristin Boese is launching her first world-wide KB4girls kite-boarding tour and looking to etch her indelible mark in this rapidly growing exciting water sport.

Kristin has passionately organized and run a total of 16 girls’ clinics around the world in the past 7 years neither for profit or promotion and even with her own funding just out of passion. But the popularity and interest caught fire and now there is a demand to take the clinics to the next level.

The German cover girl has brought kitesurfing to the masses by modeling and starring in photo shoots for magazines such as Vogue, Playboy and Max to name just a few. But don’t be fooled by the slender beauty’s fragile blonde image, she puts her extreme talent in every twist and turn. She’s got drive and energy with creativity and imagination to go with it.

No surprise then that this year Kiteboarding magazine named her one of the ten most influential athletes in the sport.

Kristin Boese said: “I want to give female kiteboarders of all ages and levels from around the world the opportunity to come together, have fun, learn some new tricks and meet some other girls with the same interest.”

Ian M. Huschle, President and CEO of Pure Action Sports Worldwide, Inc. said, “Kristin's ability to reach out and encourage girls to learn and become more involved in kiteboarding, as well as her unprecedented achievements in her kiteboarding career, make her an incredible role model for female kiteboarders.”

“With KB4girls she is creating an amazing product for women around the world and I am sure we will soon see many more female kiters on the beaches. Guys will be jealous to be missing out on this opportunity!”

Kirstin confirmed, “Like most other sports, kite-boarding is pretty male dominated and from my own experience I know how tough and intimidating this can be for female kiteboarders. It can make all the difference if they are in an environment with other females who can encourage them and give them the confidence they need to excel.”

Fiona Wedenig, ex-pro kiteboarder (veteran), Switzerland: “Having witnessed Kristin coach many female kitesurfers over the years, I am confident to say that she is a great teacher and mentor as well as a tireless ambassador for women in this sport. She has achieved countless improvements in kitesurfing and has inspired and paved the way for many younger women.

“I competed many years together with Kristin on the World Cup and realised in that time, how important the support from fellow female kitesurfers is. Being able to train with and learn from each other is one of the best experiences ever!”

Elisha Caulfield (participant in one of the upcoming events): “When I first heard about the KB4girls tour I knew I had to get involved. I've never heard of anything like this and the fact the Kristin is giving her time to help other girls is awesome. I have always been fairly competitive with sports but have found that without other girls to push me I've become too comfortable with my riding.

“This tour is going to be a fantastic way to network with other girls and see how many awesome chick riders there are in WA. As a result of signing up I have already been motivated to contact other female riders for road trips and down winders. I've also felt the need to try some new tricks so that I can learn even better ones when I get to the clinic.”

Kristin also teamed up with Kiehl’s to support World-AIDS-day on December 1st. Next to Heike Makatsch, Irma, and Wotan Wilke Moehring she individually designed a post card for a set of 10 with the net proceedings going to the German AIDS foundation. Her card is a collage made of an action photograph and painted elements reflecting the waves, sun, sky and the thrill of kiteboarding.

Initial schedule for the KB4girls Tour:

Augusta, WA Australia 8-10 January 2010

Melbourne, VIC Australia 9-10 February 2010

Kahului, Hawaii, USA April 2010

El Gouna, Egypt May 2010

Cornwall, UK June 2010

Fischland, Germany July 2010

Malmoe, Sweden July 2010

Hood River, Oregon USA TBD

Bay Area, California USA TBD

European Tour Stop TBD

SportsFeatures.com is her exclusive press release distribution channel reaching out to sports press around the world.
Ends

Contact for the Tour:
mail@kristinboese.com
mobile: +61 44 744 2338 (AUS) or +49 172 3609889 (GER)
www.KB4girls.com
Twitter: KB4girls/ kristinboese
Facebook : Kristin Boese

About Kristin Boese

The 32 year old from Potsdam, East Germany grew up behind the iron curtain. A stellar student Kristin soon showed interest for all different kind of sports and ended up playing semiprofessional handball under a strict eastern German trainer for 12 years.

In summer 2002 she discovered kite-boarding and within a few months left Germany behind on her way to Fuerteventura/Spain to work at a kite and windsurf center and to dive into the sport.

She has written two instructional kite-boarding books with Christian Spreckels “Kitesurfing In The Waves: The Complete Guide” and “Kitesurfing: The Complete Guide". Plus she has published a DVD “Kitesurfing - a comprehensive guide with world champion Kristin Boese” which is a complete learning program for kitesurfers of all levels.

A list of her titles reads as follows:

2004 PKRA Vice World Champion
2005 PKRA Freestyle World Champion
2006 PKRA Freestyle
2006 PKRA Slider World Champion
2007 PKRA Boarder-cross World Champion
2007 KPWT Overall World Champion
2007 KPWT Course Race World Champion
2007 KPWT Wave-riding World Champion
2008 KPWT Course-race World Champion

------
Sports Features Communications Inc.