FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 03-13-2008, 01:48 PM

If the wind gods grace us I will be out there. Sunset = sunset beach or sunset park??

Sunset park sounds like a little too far north for you Scott so I'm assuming the beach.

No east beach for you though? I would love to get a good flat water session in but I will take what I can get!
Old 03-13-2008, 01:53 PM
Skyway Scott

I was gonna go to Sunset (up North), but (.... see other thread) am now using psychology on Danny to get him here at EB

If you say you are coming to EB as well, I then have peer pressure (maybe) as a leveraging tool against his feeble (not really) mind... mmwwhaa haaa haaa!! The pieces are all coming together as planned.. muwah hah hah.

J/K, I don't care either way. But... is there really a car show at EB this weekend?
Is there going to be parking at Sunset? These are factors. I just want to ride and have a reasonable launch for Donna.

If there is a classic car show at EB and someone gets dragged into a few of them... man... that would be one EXPENSIVE kitemare. LOL.
Old 03-13-2008, 03:27 PM

Hey no kidding, I don't want to land on someones 1942 showroom finished restored hotrod!

Sunset Park will be alot less crowded than east beach and its a little deeper that east beach. For example at low tide at EB you can't really ride unless you go outside the sand bar, at sunset park you can easily ride in at least a foot and a half at low tide.

I am not sure about the parking, I was up there last weekend granted with the condition not many were out anywhere, but SP is in the back of a neighbor hood and the only signs up are for howard park.

The times i have been there I have not had trouble parking.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:40 AM

The GK Trix is an awesome kite for unhooking. I can easily ride around unhooked and send the kite the other way for a one-handed carve with no issues. Also, in waves the kite has unreal "drift". SO stable.

Last year I was doing a downwinder from Cape Lookout, NC and was powered on the 15m Trix. I could acually park the kite and ride downwind with the kite flying backwards! I ended up being too much for the 15 so I switched to the 9m and was fine.

Oh yeah, whenever I eat it unhooked the kite is ready to relaunch at the edge of the window by the time I get my head out of the water.

Later
pebbles
Old 03-14-2008, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pebbles View Post
Also, in waves the kite has unreal "drift". SO stable.
ill second that.. i havent ridden one, but seen other ride waves with them and they really do drift extremely well....