FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 05-20-2007, 08:22 AM

Default Considering a Bow and need some help....

I need some schooling here if someone would help explain. Can you use a SS bar from a C-kite with a bow kite? Also, does the leading edge tie the same even though the bow has a bridle? I have a couple of SS bars that I’ve become familiar with and was hoping to be able to use them on a bow. Also, one last question, do you adjust the lines all to the same length with bows as you would with a C?

Its time to buy a new kite and I’m considering moving away from the C’s but would like to keep the bars I’m accustomed to using…
Old 05-20-2007, 09:54 AM
E-Bone

My thought is use the stock bar that comes with the bow or SLE you buy. That way, you will have a better chance of getting things right straight out of the box. Also, bow and SLE bars have a lot more throw than C-kite bars, so you will not enjoy the depower range as you would with the stock bar.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:40 AM

Gary, the ss bar i sold you would be perfect with a bow (its the same that i use on mine) all you would need to do is upgrade the CL setup, either get the SS TD CL or for a little less cash and a better choice in my opinion get the $99 Best upgrade and put it on your SS bar... it actually works better then the Best bar due to the dug out CL hole, makes turning effortless...
Old 05-20-2007, 12:34 PM
Skyway Scott

I would put the Best "guts" in there too, like Danny said.
Are you thinking about a Bow or a hybrid?
The reason I ask is that some bows have those pullies on the bar, and the kite, and the bag, and the pump.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:43 PM

Not sure on a Bow or Hybrid. I was thinking Bow however did not want to get into the pulley system thing...just one more thing to go wrong with limited benefit IMO. Therefore I'm looking for the simplicity of relaunching found with the newer kites and the full depower that is not found in a C. The relaunching is a bigger value for me since I ride alone so frequently, the depower is not as important now that I have a few seasons of kite control under my belt. I notice the Bows alow to let go of the bar if you get into trouble without the kite crashing to the water unlike C's, then relauching to the edge of this window appears to be effortless. Ive been riding my C;s suicide hoooked tothe chicken loop and that helps minimize a tangle when letting the bar go but the relaunch is you normal sprint/swim to the kite.

I have (4) 06' SS bars and (1) 05' so this is the reason for hoping to keep my SS.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:53 PM
Skyway Scott

I know one thing, as much as I love my Hyper it's not going to satisfy your desire to have ease of relaunch. It's not that bad at all, but it's about the same as a C imo. Meanwhile a kite like the TD 2 practically bounces off the water after a crash. I haven't a clue how "good" that kite is or if has pulleys on the bar, it's just an example of a great re-launcher. Maybe you can demo a Waroo off of Randy or Bayflite and a Cabby and Slingy and others off of WSW or affiliated? One benefit to having a lot of riders here is that we now actually have stuff to demo. FINALLY!
Old 05-20-2007, 08:07 PM

My friend who just learned to ride bought an old 16M C off of me and has flown it with an '07 Waroo bar and it seemed to work fine. I thought it would over sheet and fall from the sky but it's been working for him. I'm going to have to see what it feels like next time we're out together, just for curiousity's sake.