FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 05-10-2007, 07:35 PM
Skyway Scott

Default New dog

Okay, Donna and I recently got a new dog named Major.
I will probably bring him out on occasion to to the SW. He is a big dog, but I have been watching him closely for a month now (he is 7... adopted) and he has not shown aggression (except to a dog that tried to hump him, and then it was more of a warning). He was very well trained by his previous owner.

I am going to introduce him slowly before I just let him run around unattended like I did with Eli. Don't freak if you see him, I am certain to be close by with my eye on him for at least a month or two before I leave him unattended like I do with Daisy.

Here are a couple pics of him.

Last edited by Skyway Scott; 01-02-2008 at 03:44 PM.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:32 AM
invisible

Oh crap not again! I don't need another dogmare.

(kidding, sort of)
Old 05-11-2007, 06:09 AM
Skyway Scott

What happened to you with a dog?
I bet it wasn't one of mine.

What happened?

One of the only times I had a really bad launch and almost got really hurt (I've been hurt a lot doing this, but never hospitalized... well ok... only twice), was when a dog got tangled in my lines (doesn't matter who owned it) and I actually launched the dog. Well, the force of the dog steered the kite right, and I actually I got dragged quickly almost going into the person's vehicle. I was pretty mad. The dog sprinted into my lines right as I was self launching.
I remember thinking "great, the dog tries to get me and the vehicle is too close"
Old 05-11-2007, 07:28 AM

Doggie overcrowding is becoming a serious problem....
With over 20 dogs per month entering into our sport, our beaches are rapidly becoming overcrowded with doggies. Most of these doggies are true rebels, acting like they own the beach,most with no qualified instruction, and never wearing a safety leash. I have witnessed these little rebels practicing their "tricks" too close to shore, sometimes even right on the beach! I am talking about powered up kite POOPS in heavy traffic, upwind kite-pissing on beached kites, and ass biting too close to shore! THESE LITTLE STINKERS SHOULD LEARN SOME MANNERS when showing up at our spots, DAWG!
I am concerned that the number of dog turds on the beaches will increase exponentially, and soon there will be no launches left to go without reeling in a hot steamy one while winding up your lines. The only reason I wear booties is to keep that gooey mess from between my toes while launching, however, the "hardcore" kiters like the natural feel of being barefoot, making it easier to feel the turd thats stuck to your foot. I have seen other rebel doggies sabotaging their owners competetion, by doing kite dances on others kites canopies and chewing on thier leading edge. If that doesnt intimidate your friends and foes, then unleash them so they can bite holes in their wetsuits when they enter the water(thanks, D@kot@!) And also, an epic day of kitesurfing is never complete without a good leg humping from your friend's dog...
I think I will start bringing my cats to the beach, they can spray a kite like you've never seen before....(Just ask Toby "Tiny" Wilson)
Next thing you know, guys will be bringing their pet sheep out there.......
Old 05-11-2007, 08:07 AM
Skyway Scott

Good one. Funny as hell.
My avatar is Pet Sounds by the Beach boys (assuming the sheep reference was to that)
Old 05-11-2007, 09:54 AM
invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevil Kenevil View Post
Doggie overcrowding is becoming a serious problem....
With over 20 dogs per month entering into our sport, our beaches are rapidly becoming overcrowded with doggies. Most of these doggies are true rebels, acting like they own the beach,most with no qualified instruction, and never there.......
Maybe you're just poking fun at me... but here's the story...

My last dogmare involved someone's dog trying to bite my shorts while I was trying to get on my board. After some stupid games trying to get the dog to back off I dove the kite HARD (20-25 mph?) to get away fast, but instead it turned and jumped in front of me. I edged hard to avoid it but got yanked out of the straps, lofted onto the beach at full tilt (kite low). I ran like the flash but couldn't keep up, fell hard, got cut up pretty good, destroyed a new pair $60 of booties when I landed (they ended up around my ankles) and crashed my kite on top of cars and people. I still haven't replaced the booties.

The owner is a friend of mine so I walked it off ... shit happens, no hard feelings. So that's a dogmare. It's more than just stepping in crap!

Next time I'm just gonna wait until the dog gets bored and chases someone else! I hope it's you lol
Old 05-11-2007, 10:42 AM
E-Bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyway Scott View Post
he has not shown aggression (except to a dog that tried to hump him, and then it was more of a warning).

Yeah, that scared the sh*t out of me. Allow me to apologize again. Had too many beers that day and Major reminded me of an old girlfriend.

Later,

E Dog
Old 05-11-2007, 01:02 PM

Naah, not poking fun at ya Tom, it just made a good starting point.
And Scott, if you like sheep, thats your deal, and I am not one to judge...(haha)

By the way, due to inflation and high demand, my "2 cents worth" will now cost you a dime...........................

I have to go now, (preparing to re-attempt the Grand Canyon next week on my rocket powered kiteboard).Enjoy the last of the wind fellas..........See ya soon
Old 05-11-2007, 01:11 PM
Can't Re-member

Tom,

Maya the Tormentor wants to know what your shoe size is
Old 05-11-2007, 04:03 PM
invisible

Talking

Hah I'm not tellin. It's all good, season is over!