FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

Old 03-21-2008, 06:46 AM

Not you Steve no worries there, and no one who has posted in this thread. Enough of this it is blowing, I'm of to have some fun, hope to see you all out there thrown it down in your own style. Give me kiting or give me death. Don't tread on my lines.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:53 AM

Unfortunately, we all share space and with more riders, it means more mistakes, more attention drawn to us, etc. So in an effort to be able to continue to enjoy this sport IMO, trying to respect each other needs to start now. I apologize for telling you to take your tag over to the backside. I agree that wasn't very respectful. But hey...we all make mistakes, right? Its just frustrating to hear someone with such a strong voice in the community be so negative about others' efforts to make things better/safer. For the most part we all have good intentions.
peace...
Old 03-21-2008, 08:43 AM
Tom Stock

Ok, you guys finally won.

If we can't call someone out when they screw up (even though Crazy Jay admitted to it), we can't video them, and they won't do the right thing if we ask them nicely, then there is really nothing here that is going to change.

So, rather than swim upstream and always look like the dick for saying something when someone does something dumb I decided I am going to make a big change in my riding style and just go with the majority. Plus it'll make me cooler since I'll be with the cool crowd, no matter how ugly or kooky my riding style is.

True story:

Yesterday I went out to Redington to "share the stoke" and rode all the way down to John's Pass in the little waves 10-20 feet from shore. It was light and side off, but the waves were peeling in nice lines, and hell the chicks digged it, except for the old farts who complained when I buzzed 'em with my kite. WTF do they know about kiting anyway... I wasn't that close. I saw a few surfers and sprayed em a little so I could get mad props. Too bad there wasn't enough wind to jump them they would have loved it.

The cops didn't say anything to me and I didn't hurt anyone so everything is cool.

I can't wait until I get my tag cause you'll be able to read it from the shoreline next time I am riding. I can't wait. I'm dead serious. Just wait. It feels f@#$ing great I can't believe I was missing out on this all along.

Don't bother calling me out... it's against our only rule.

PEACE OUT

Last edited by Tom Stock; 04-02-2008 at 01:46 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:35 AM

Have a BAN-tastic day, everyone!

Last edited by BoBo the Safety Clown; 03-21-2008 at 08:06 PM. Reason: All Editing ROCKS, silly.
Old 03-21-2008, 09:38 AM
Tom Stock

say no to drugs
Old 03-21-2008, 07:32 PM

nancy reagan rocks!
Old 03-21-2008, 07:47 PM

Can't we all just get along.........Rodney King
Old 03-21-2008, 10:42 PM

It's like Rick and Kent sd in the recent Podcast. It is the top 10% that will ruin it for the rest. For a local ambassador of the sport to be riding in the swim zones with the surfers doesn't seem right.

Certainly, two riders with 15 yrs of training can find a spot that is less conjested. I can see your need to air-it-out for your old surfing buddies, but please. Do it somewhere else!!

Although i hear that Pinellas county surf rocks... not..
Old 03-22-2008, 02:48 AM

Default Days of Our Kites

Do I have to make another 'Days of Our Kites' post...? It seems like we have a doozy of an episode brewing here...
Old 03-22-2008, 10:38 AM
Skyway Scott

Scott Wolfe and I got the green light from Superintendent Jim Wilson more than 6 months ago to put up a sign and implement the tags out at East Beach. We got the green light after much discussion on here about the signs and the tags.

http://www.fksa.org/showthread.php?t...ast+beach+sign

http://www.fksa.org/showthread.php?t...ghlight=wilson

(there is a lot of stuff there, but it's all there)

After many people put in valid ideas and we got the go ahead, several instructors said they would take care of implementing the ideas. They used words like ASAP and urgent when they volunteered.

Six months later, don't point the finger at me Amber and say my "cranky pants" is why this idea never got put in play just because I won't wear a tag at this point (are instructors issuing tags to newbies?).
These ideas never became reality for other reasons, none of which deal with what you and I did back six months ago.
Maybe the sign can still go up? It just honestly seems like no one cares. If they did, wouldn't it be up by now?
I know I don't care much anymore. I just do my own thing. My mistake was posting on here about it in the first place.