FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 05-20-2007, 01:26 PM
Skyway Scott

Default Boys are dumb, throw rocks at them

It was a beautiful day. The wind was blowing in the mid twenties and I was on my 8.9 Wipika Free Air ripping it up. I was jumping 8 footers, grabbing the tail of my board, and even landing a couple of the jumps. Hell, I was even riding toe-side a full 30 yards. There were five of us at EB that day and why not? It was was a warm, windy and beautiful day.

Jayson and I were on opposing tacks. I was upwind of him keeping my kite as close to the water's surface as I could while forcefully holding my edge, throwing up a rooster tail of a spray, and simply loving life. It was a beautiful day. Suddenly, unpredictably -
Jayson starts yelling at me at the top of his lungs,
"What the #$%^ are you doing?"
Seconds later our lines (and my emotions) cross as he tries in vain to avoid the newbie. I immediately realize I screwed up, but honestly didn't know what I did. Jayson then goes on to explain the upwind (up with kite) and downwind (down with kite) concept to me and says "never $$## up like that again! Especially around me".

I still remember that day, how beautiful it was, how dumb I felt at that moment, and more importantly the upwind/downwind rule, now, forever, embedded into my memory.

Boys are dumb, yell rules at them.

The "Rasta-roo Rule Breaker" almost took me out twice today.
The second time he did it I yelled at him, "What the $#@ are you doing? You are jumping into me!"

When he came to shore an hour later to hang with all of us I jokingly said with a smile, "Are you trying to take us all out to have the water all to yourself?"
He said he was sorry and that he didn't mean to jump into me (I believe him, I have known him five years).

Did anyone else yell at him yesterday or just post about it?
Boys are dumb, I suggest you yell rules at them.

I honestly think our fellow kiter was ripping it up and having a beautiful day, not realizing what he was doing. If someone did tell him this yesterday, then let's just roll him up in seaweed, sprinkle some bread crumbs all over him, and let the seagulls peck at him.

Last edited by Skyway Scott; 05-20-2007 at 01:59 PM.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:10 PM

i did say something to him on the water after he jumped into eric's path.. i have seen him before, i *think* i know his name.. but my intent was not to call him out.. just hopefully he would know who he was and could get the message. i was trying to be as casual, but serious as i could with my post.

on the water i said something like "hey man.. watch where you are jumping.. be careful" but he was up and going past me so i dont know if he heard, or understood.

thanks for talking to him scott.. i asked you about him before the "eric" incident.. i had to jet out at 10:30am and he was still on the water .. i would have talked to him on the beach if he had come in..

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa
Old 05-20-2007, 05:44 PM
Skyway Scott

Talking

I just got back from the beach (it was f'n nuking, btw).
I brought back a bunch of seaweed with me.
You got some old bread?
Old 05-20-2007, 06:50 PM
Can't Re-member

sushi?
Old 05-20-2007, 06:54 PM
Skyway Scott

California roll.

So, this morning was good NE til 10. This afternoon was NW (strong).
I just drove out to the skyway to look for my harness (I had to use a spare at the beach) and guess what? Yep, NE 15 to 20.
I wish it never stopped.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:03 PM

Exclamation

Just an FYI: I was on my Rastaroo Saturday at that location, but the rider Scott is referring to was not me. I'm not sure who it was, but... wasn't me. No kidding.

He did have me questioning it though.

Also, Mike and the Triton guys did a pretty good job at throwing together that race. I can't wait to see the next one.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:10 PM
Skyway Scott

This is true. Sorry if his thread was taken literally. I was using a saying I saw on a T-shirt that I saw at Watersports West a couple years ago and playing with it.
I also stole the wrap him in seaweed idea. I heard Daryl from Extreme say that on the phone last summer to a customer about a warranty issue.

This thread is kinda interesting if you care about intellectual theft to make a buck.
http://www.animated-news.com/forum/v...9b98eb4bd4b1fc

Old 05-21-2007, 06:18 PM

Talking Boys are stupid... throw rocks at them!

LoL...Thanks sky way scott for clarifying the upwind tack rule of keeping your kite up...a lot of people dont know this...hopefully they are reading up on it here on the forum...read and learn homies!!!

And, I love the statement "BOYS ARE STUPID, THROW ROCKS AT THEM"...have the sticker on my wakeboard helmet....fo sho...

Missin my Tampa homies..holla......
CJ
Old 05-22-2007, 07:57 AM
Skyway Scott

Thanks CJ. Hope all is well.