FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

Old 09-28-2009, 11:31 AM

Default Snow Kite Jam, Caviahue Patagonia

During the last weekend, (spring Weekend) in the southern Hemisphere Vari kites sponsored the Caviahue Snow kite Jam.

Located in the Patagonia, Caviahue Snow Park is one of the most ideal destinations for snow kiting. Huge open lands, steady winds and incredible weather gives this spot a huge potential for snow kiters around the world.

Caviahue is at the base of an active volcano (which you are able to snow kite to), and watch the smoke coming out of the crater, around the area there are several thermal springs you can kite to as well and take a bath!!! The town is inside an Araucaria Tree forest, you can find trees that are over 400 years old... making this place a total adventure!

For many of the riders at the event it was the first time snowkiting, including Martin Vari who was blown away with the potential of this new way of kiting. "This blew my mind, I never imagined snowkiting would be so much fun, I kited for 4 hours non stop, did 10 km to the border of Chile.. Just with my kite and a snow board.. This place is epic!!"

Martin was riding the New Vulcan which works really well in the snow.
The vibe around all the riders was very positive; there was no competition, just freeriding and people having fun. There were riders from France and Spain who said that the spot is world class.

Check out the pics at www.varikites.com for yourself…and everyone is welcome to come next year!