FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

Old 12-18-2012, 09:58 AM

Default Lookin for people to ride with!

Anyone out there have a group that wouldn't mind me hopping in on some sessions or maybe a weekend downwinder sometime? I work a regular 9-5 Mon-Fri but am up for some evening and always weekend sessions. If it's a particularly good day I might be able to get out of the office a little early but that'll be rare. I'm 26 if that matters.

I've got a 12m Switchblade and am hopefully getting a 16m soon. Want to learn more wakestyle & surf riding but am taking it easy after a minor wakeboard knee injury and just want to get out and ride and strengthen my leg before I get back in to things.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:39 PM

Default Skyway any windy weekend...

Hey gnar,
Don't need to get invited, just hit the skyway any windy day. Always the same group of chill locals. Don't be a kook and you'll be welcomed just fine. Even more so if you are a breasted American. If not, well, just be cool and you'll get to know everyone.
Rando
Old 12-19-2012, 09:44 AM

Unhappy

Hey, Rando, it's nice that you're an open and welcoming bunch, but......"breasted American"? Really???
Old 12-19-2012, 10:22 AM

No offense intended. Just an observation. Our launches usually look like a Viking party. Anytime a girl shows up, the guys trip over themselves to help out. I used the "B-A" terminology to add a little humor.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:32 PM

Hahaha, thanks. That's my usual go-to and people are usually helpful for a launch (even though I'm a dude and do not have boobs, it's unfortunate i know). Just hoping there might be some people out there who were more in to those styles of riding so I could watch/learn since I'm the only one of my friends who does this.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:30 PM

Wink

Hey, Rando, no worries. It's all good. No offense taken by me. Here's wishing the Skyway gang good breezes throughout the holiday season.