FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > General Discussion > HOW TO START, Kiteboarding Training & Schools > HOW TO START ...
Connect with Facebook

Old 10-16-2007, 03:12 PM

Question Opinions needed from Virginia beginner

I know most of you guys are in Flordia, so I thought that I would get your opinion. I have read through this entire forum within the past few days, and let me say "this site is sweet". Anyway I am new to flying 2-4 line kites but have been interested in learning the larger kites for kitesurfing, boarding and land, but just didnt know where to start. I am looking into the Beamer TSR 3.6 to learn the basics before I try anything else. I will be flying in a very large field to start. And yes, I have looked into lessons and plan on them before attempting any boarding activities. Is the Beamer TSR 3.6 a good starter kite? Thanks for your opinions
Old 10-16-2007, 04:13 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorktowner View Post
I know most of you guys are in Flordia, so I thought that I would get your opinion. I have read through this entire forum within the past few days, and let me say "this site is sweet". Anyway I am new to flying 2-4 line kites but have been interested in learning the larger kites for kitesurfing, boarding and land, but just didnt know where to start. I am looking into the Beamer TSR 3.6 to learn the basics before I try anything else. I will be flying in a very large field to start. And yes, I have looked into lessons and plan on them before attempting any boarding activities. Is the Beamer TSR 3.6 a good starter kite? Thanks for your opinions
It might be on the large side for simply using it as a trainer kite. It might be suitable for land boarding later on. If your goal is simply to find something to use as a starting point for kiteboarding you might be able to secure something a bit less expensive. Still, Cobra makes a good kite, had some myself years back.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 10-16-2007, 11:49 PM

IMHO the HQ Beemer is the best trainer kite out there. I use it or 90% of my lessons. It's a little higher price than some other slightly smaller kites, but it has everything you would want in a trainer kite - turning speed no too fast, good power, relaunch bridle, fixed loop with QR, nice construction.

You can contact Jeff at www.kitemare.com for a price.
rvillate@msn.com
http://www.kitesurfatlas.com/schools/4winds7seas
Old 10-17-2007, 09:05 AM

Yea I have looked over the Cobra Rush kites before, the only major difference that I see is that the Cobra trainer kites do not have a safety release system equipped with them, which on the Beamer TSR comes with everything a loos a little safer to learn the basics of kiting. Is this true? Also, is anyone from the Va area, or anyone who visits up this way? I am still doing research on this extreme sport and trying to find the best possible route for my family and self to learn, and hope to be started by the 1st of the year. Thanks for your opinions
Old 10-18-2007, 02:01 PM

Default Va

I grew up out there on gwynns island, feel free to send any questions my way. I would look at lessons one weekend down in nags head or hatteras. I can recommend a few.

get the trainer- if nothing else after you learn to kite and your friend want to try, they can fly that insteed of your good kite.
________
Live Sexy Cams

Last edited by kabo123; 08-11-2011 at 09:33 PM.