FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > SE Florida And The Keys Forum > What's happening?
Connect with Facebook

Old 04-11-2006, 04:30 PM

Default middle keys

post this in the wrong place before, ohwell

going out wedsday and thursday, i have room for 1 or 2 more riders on the boat, we head out to an island near the seven mile bridge

it makes set up easy and the bridge flattens down the chop some.

anyone interested

kevin
________
Best Portable Vaporizer

Last edited by kabo123; 08-11-2011 at 09:26 PM.
Old 04-11-2006, 07:52 PM

Man you lucky stiff's~ That should be a killer session. I know the area, theres some great water and grass flats. I'd call in to work with the Blue water flu. But I've pulled that one tooo many times in this new years already :roll:

Perhaps someother time if you have the room or the next time I bring the flats boat down myself. I did get a chance to Kite Sombrero Beach last Dec (kinda tight, Butter flat though)

Have a gr8 time and Boost HUGE 8)
Old 04-12-2006, 03:07 AM

Default middel keys

we try to stay away from sombreo (still pretty new at this) and theres so many people. I can usually be found with the grey switchblade cruising back and forth off of the seven mile bridge. Only problem is the bridge cuts the wind down allitle, it shouldn't matter today (25knots).
________
Shaved Pussy Cams

Old 04-12-2006, 06:03 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Default Re: middel keys

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabo123
we try to stay away from sombreo (still pretty new at this) and theres so many people. I can usually be found with the grey switchblade cruising back and forth off of the seven mile bridge. Only problem is the bridge cuts the wind down allitle, it shouldn't matter today (25knots).
Sounds like fun. You might consider being on the down drift side of the bridge depending on the tide. A kiter came close to drowning some years back at Islamorada.

The tidal current carried his downed kite under the bridge, his lines caught on something on the bridge pilings and his was pulled underwater. With no hook knife, he was pulled underwater and held there. Kites can really load up with water force as we know all too well. If a fisherman hadn't noticed what was going on and jumped in with a filet knife and cut him free out rider might have stayed there. This was also before quick releases. He couldn't unhook.

I had parts of this happen, not the drowning part fortunately, when my kite went down in an extended lull over a hard bottom off Virginia Key one time. Underwater line tangles with a loaded up kite by wind or water is not a good situation. The drift is a function of both the wind and the tidal current, which can oppose one another at times further complicating matters.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 04-15-2006, 12:20 PM

Default 7 mile bridge

We thought of that, one reason we picked this spot is there are flats that run the length of the bridge so there is a better chance of getting your footing before you were swept under the bridge.
________
Colorado marijuana dispensaries

Old 04-15-2006, 09:00 PM

Default Kiting in public parks/beachs

We had a great weekend here in the keys, really powered with a group of guys from the west coast and 2 sisters from canada (I have bruises from trying to do the tricks they were doing.

Well there we also people that just did not use any common sence. If a kite hits a family or kid, its going to shut the place down for all of us. So please:

If your new get away from the beach/people.
please dont launch a kite right next to people sitting on the beach
jumping snorklers sounds cool but
and just be courtious

we have seen place restrict us and so on. Everyone get excited to get out there but please take time to think about what your doing or going to do first.
________
Krupicca

Last edited by kabo123; 08-11-2011 at 09:27 PM.