FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 02-12-2007, 01:27 PM

Cool Presidents day kite trip head count RSVP

Alright, we are a week from the trip, we need a FINAL head count for Naomi, Amber's friend in Key West who we are staying with. Please reply to this thread ASAP if you plan on coming. Please include your e-mail address if you need driving directions to my house. I know that there are a few not on the forum that are coming (Mike Hall and Matt's friend) but for all that are, please "RSVP" here.

We are meeting at my place on Friday at 5:30 PM for departure for the Key West by 6:00 PM. If you would rather drive down earlier you are welcome to, you will just have to meet up with us when we get down there. But for all that want to follow us down, please be there NO LATER than 6 PM, that will put us in Key West at around Midnight. Saturday looks calm so far but Sunday is looking pretty sweet!!! I haven't seen anything on Monday or Tuesday yet but am guessing that the wind will probably hold.

As for driving arrangements, please get together for carpooling. I already have a full truck (4 + gear, air mattresses and personal items) so when RSVPing, offers of drivers would be helpful so that we can get people without a ride all set so it's not a last minute fire drill. If cars need to be left in my subdivision, there is a safe place to park them at the entrance to the community.

To answer Dustin's question in the other kite trip thread, yes we are towing down my boat (19 foot Sea Ray Sun Deck). So Saturday will probably be a day of wakeboarding or doing whatever else you want, exploring Key West and the surrounding keys. We will have to rotate in the boat so maybe we can take everyone out that wants to ride to an island to chill on while the rest take their turn riding, then come back and rotate. We also have Dustin's ski and 2 tow ropes for the boat so if there is not too much weight on board we will be able to ride 2 at a time behind the boat, a LOT of fun and one behind the ski...

Any other questions, please ask when you RSVP and I'll answer ASAP. Also remember to bring air mattresses, pillows, blankets because we are going to be on the floor in a 3 bedroom condo and you'll probably have a sore back sleeping on the floor after riding all day!

This week is going to be a long one!!! Can't wait to see you all on Friday!

Toby

Last edited by toby wilson; 02-12-2007 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:56 PM

obviously i'm in. naomi is pumped for visitors and we are goign to have a lot of memories after this trip. who else is confirmed besides Toby, Roy, Shawn, and CJ and Dustin? I know Mike and Matt are coming... are you going to drive down with us? Shawn...you might be able to snag a ride with them? lets keep everyone updated...planning will be much easier. thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-12-2007, 06:09 PM

Exclamation

okay. just got a message from naomi. Her and her roommates are pretty much the only non-senior citizens living in her condo building. I guess they have already had people complain and they've only lived there for a week. So... what i will ask for up front is respect. we are staying in the home of one of my best friends and i expect everyone to treat it like their own. She is very generously offering to host 10-15 people she has never even met at her house and all that I ask is that you respect her and her home. We will have plenty of time to party at the bars so when we're at her house, its kind of our crashing pad...not the party pad. She is bartending on Saturday night on Duval street so that will be a guaranteed good time. Sunday looks windy so sunday night we'll all probably be exhausted and want a good meal and a shower. All I am doing is basically begging everyone to act like adults and be gracious and appreciative of my friend. Hotel rooms are running 200 bucks a night for two double beds 30 miles up the keys. we are VERY lucky to have a place to stay and just remember that we are all adults (okay...most of us) and lets not embarrass ourselves by acting rude and disrepectful. thanks. i'm not trying to bitch...i just want to avoid problems.

She is going to try to figure out parking arrangements for us. please RSVP on the other thread or this one so we know for sure how many cars, boats, people, etc.
thanks!!!
Old 02-12-2007, 08:07 PM

Hey y'all. Me and H are headed to the keys also this weekend. Probably gonna hang midway somewhere around Bahia since the wind is gonna be N, NW, and W. We are going Thurs since Friday should be good. Sunday looks to be in the high 20's!!!
Call me when ya pass 7 mile bridge Friday nite.
Have fun and be safe.
jayson
PS. TOBY.. towing a boat to Key West on a Friday nite will take about 7.5- 8 hours.
Old 02-12-2007, 08:35 PM

Thumbs up keys trip

aloha homies!!well let the countdown begin...prayin for wind...Amber your friend is awesome to allow us to stay. Very kewl. Thank you for coordinating this trip.
Dustin and I will be pretty low key..no worries on our end...We will most likely come down sometime on Saturday...depends on the wind.
Cant wait to hang with all my Tampa homies again!!!!Amber you riding yet chickie???
Old 02-13-2007, 02:48 AM

Thumbs up

Thanks for the heads up Jay...looks like we REALLY need to get moving on time then on Friday. It also looks like we have some Keys trip warmup wind coming for Wednesday.

Jayson, wind direction doesn't really matter to us because we are going to ride in the boat out to the flats anyway so we will be out in the open. You and H are welcome to join us, we'll see...if it's better up your way we may join you!
Old 02-13-2007, 03:03 PM

I will need to hitch a ride with someone; if thats possible.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:09 PM

i'm going.

i'll be at your house (toby) around 5 5:30
Old 02-14-2007, 06:55 AM

Wink insert sarcasm here

Looks like we are gonna have a HORRIBLE time if the forecast holds...

http://www.ikitesurf.com/windAndWher...orecast+Graphs
Old 02-14-2007, 07:37 AM

Cool cha

cha, wind looks HORRIBLE....

anywho, one last confirmation on my side regarding vehicles and peeps:

CJ and I
one truck
jetski + trailer

We'll most likely start heading down early saturday morning from homestead, I'm guessing we'll arrive a little before noon.

-
peace