FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

Old 12-08-2010, 08:14 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

A mixed bag of videos this morning, first something from the mountains shot with a GoPro:

Nice coulees and deep powder run action! Note: it gets better following the talking glove puppet show at :36.

A trailer for the latest "Windsurfing Movie II." Have to say these guys really do a great job of filming and editing. The amount of skill to pull those moves off is considerable.

A blast from the past, boat tow hang gliding with Miami Hang gliding. First tried this in 1993! It is a fairly easy and fast way to learn hang gliding avoiding the normal dozens of runs and short hops along the bunny slopes. I think they retired the boat and moved inland to setup up a flight park and ultralight aerotow operation. It was fun while it lasted!

Finally, some snow kiting outtakes. This is a sport in which the surface can hit back hard. Hope everyone came out ok, I've seen stars more than once on an impact myself with a helmet on too.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 12-10-2010, 10:02 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Some ocean views from Budda Bar ...

Bombi time

Sennet City and other favorites

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 12-13-2010, 09:43 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Andre Phillip takes us on a tour of parts of Antigua and down to a favorite stop, Half Moon Bay for some kiting. Nice video and editing!

The hat and glasses make for interesting fashion statements. The thing about fashion, is it changes. Some used to think this was cool back in the day.

Hang on to those photos!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 12-15-2010, 05:06 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Great setting, cast but the story could do with a bit of work but all in a good cause, Fistula.

The video was an outgrowth of "Sir Richard Branson and Fashion Photographer Russell James Host Supermodels on Necker Island for V2 Night B4 Halloween
Sir Richard Branson and photographer Russell James will host some of the world’s most stunning supermodels, including Emanuela de Paula, Jarah Mariano, Erin Wasson, Nicole Trunfio, and Gracie Carvalho, for V2 Night B4 Halloween, a livestreaming event benefiting the Virgin Group’s non-profit foundation Virgin Unite, to help in the Fight Against Fistula, a devastating birthing injury ..."

Continued at:
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Sir-Ri....html?x=0&.v=1

More stills and videos from the event at: http://v2.dipdive.com/

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 12-15-2010, 03:52 PM

Wind just picked up !

Old 12-15-2010, 09:38 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

They cope pretty well but the mom duck should rig some smaller chicks.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 12-16-2010, 09:01 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Question, is this guy from earth or perhaps a parallel but somewhat inebriated dimension? The only reason I posted this is the guy's launch technique, I've never seen it before. Usually the guys just throw their chute. It is pretty amazing, then again a good gust and bye bye BASE jumper. As juiced as this guy seems to be he might not feel it though, too much. Still it is an intriguing clip. Kids, don't do this to your mind at home (or anywhere else!).

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 12-16-2010, 10:27 AM

Good find. I was surprised he was able to stand on the wall being that intoxicated. lol
Old 12-29-2010, 10:14 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Some strong cold fronts are moving through these days and bringing some nice swells at times. The last two days were like that. Monday was near epic but unfortnately I failed to take a camera on the commute to the office. Fixed that yesterday on Tuesday and got some photos.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 12-30-2010, 01:26 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Something a little different, in consideration of the Holidays and new technology. Took the family out on the Intracoastal in Ft. Lauderdale last night to checkout the Christmas lights. I am trying out a G12 which is supposed to be optimized for lower light conditions. Shot the same area with the G9 within the month and was troubled by poor low light performance. This time I was cranking the equivalent ASA up to 2000, even 2500, usually non-useable grain city. This was also shot by a hand held camera from a moving boat. Lets see how things worked out ...

Moving east on New River towards the ICW. I was still shooting with a fairly low ASA, about 1000 assuming any higher would render the shots unuseable.

The west area of the Las Olas Bridge. I had started to crank the ASA up to 2000 to 2500

and the eastern side. With exposures on the order of .2 to .4 seconds, I started to pan the camera slowly to try to diminish the influence of the boat motion. Tricky stuff but it seemed to help at times.

Moving north of Las Olas. I used to catch the bus to high school in the midst of all those buildings. At that time however most didn't exist!

What have they done to the old neighborhood?! Used to be very few midrise condo's, no longer however.

Approaching the Sunrise Blvd. bridge

A look back to the southwest and a real funky yacht

A closer look

Boomeranging way to the south to the old fueling spot, Lauderdale Marina

The new 17th St. Causeway bridge.

So, all in all, detector technology seems to have substantially improved, a good thing.

Here's to a good New Year for one and all!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi