FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > Kite Events And Competitions > *** Past KB Events! *** > Jupiter Kiteboarding Invasion
Connect with Facebook

Old 02-08-2008, 11:57 PM

Default Thanks To Da Crew for puttin on the invasion

A Big hearty thanks to Jeremy (for sporting the finger) and putting up with the rest of us derelicts (Nice ambush style event Jeremy!), Neil for transplanting his human blood for Red Bull and cigarettes (although he sometimes smokes the organic ones)- for health purposes of course; for Gary "D Body" guarding the Heat board like his life depended on it, Todd G for the color commentary and for keeping Gary and Neil entertained and for all the rest of the troops who put on a hell of a good show.Props.

The level of riding in florida was really impressive with some huge kiteloops being had, some crazy overpowered super high (40 foot plus) handlepasses, massive jumps (saw a few boys pop over 50 foot on occasion), some serious beat downs and some people getting seriously drilled from blown 40 plus foot madd manuevers in the gritty and punishing jupiter shore break, did i mention a sometimes over head shorebreak just waiting to chew on the unsuspecting and slightly underpowered innocent kiter, some smoking current, some killer strapless surfboard riding (in shore break and gusts to 35 knots no less...)at an unreal level and on sunday everyone was going off!

It looked like pop corn going off out there; riders jumping over each other and some excellent controlled riding in rough and super gusty out of control we conditions. The girls were going off and we have healthy group of groms just chomping on the old more established guard. Kiteboarding is healthy in Flow-ida.!

If someone drove up and never saw kiteboarding before I bet their minds were blown...

Good action and looking forward to whats left of the non florida winter.

I gonna to go plant some trees and make sure i balance Neil's carbon-out-put from all the cigarettes he smoked doing commentary so the global warming does not shut down whats left of the cold fronts moving through florida.

We were blessed with warm winds, 2 Cold (warm fronts, almost cold )fronts in one weekend, clean water and great expression of the human spirit going off among friends; what else is there to ask for my brothers and sisters.

Still picking the sand out of my ass......

Gebs