FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > KITEBOARDING AT ... launches, precautions, SCHOOLS, SHOPS, meets, local groups and more > Bahamian Kiteboarding Forum
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 07-14-2005, 10:03 PM

Default hell fish land observation:-(!

got to check out the hell fish today(13m),up close and personal,didn't have any swim wear so i couldn't test it out but this weekend if the wind is good the guy is going to let me borrow one
:-).First impression,out of the bag brand new it still looks like you've had it for years,looks like some old mashed up foil paper ,but he said the production models will be white,this one was silver.The struts and leading edge are skinny,I'm sure you know already but for those who haven't seen one it's skinner than you think and so far apart from each other that the trailing edge flaps like crazy and is very loud.Weight!,i didn't feel the differences from any other kite that size,along the struts while in the air the stress lines are very visible.The whole kite has reinforced stitching even along and through the whole canopy(which makes a lot of since).The 13m moves fast as hell, i would have to compare it with my 8m.It crashed and the whole kite folded in on it self,i really don't see how it's not going to when the leading edge is so skinny and that leading edge was hard like a car tire.I can't wait to get it in the water to see how it really is.So far I'm kinda disappointed,but,like they say,looks can be very deceiving.......anyone have reviews or opinions??
Old 07-14-2005, 10:03 PM

Default hell fish land observation:-(!

got to check out the hell fish today(13m),up close and personal,didn't have any swim wear so i couldn't test it out but this weekend if the wind is good the guy is going to let me borrow one
:-).First impression,out of the bag brand new it still looks like you've had it for years,looks like some old mashed up foil paper ,but he said the production models will be white,this one was silver.The struts and leading edge are skinny,I'm sure you know already but for those who haven't seen one it's skinner than you think and so far apart from each other that the trailing edge flaps like crazy and is very loud.Weight!,i didn't feel the differences from any other kite that size,along the struts while in the air the stress lines are very visible.The whole kite has reinforced stitching even along and through the whole canopy(which makes a lot of since).The 13m moves fast as hell, i would have to compare it with my 8m.It crashed and the whole kite folded in on it self,i really don't see how it's not going to when the leading edge is so skinny and that leading edge was hard like a car tire.I can't wait to get it in the water to see how it really is.So far I'm kinda disappointed,but,like they say,looks can be very deceiving.......anyone have reviews or opinions??
Old 07-15-2005, 09:45 AM

Wait until you see/try the 06 Reactor. Without all the HF fanfare it may just blow you away.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:45 AM

Wait until you see/try the 06 Reactor. Without all the HF fanfare it may just blow you away.
Old 07-15-2005, 11:46 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

There is an early Hellfish review with quite a bit of interview info at:

http://fksa.org/viewforum.php?f=84

I was able to try the Cabrinha Crossbow last night at a Stiltsville debute of the new kite. The winds were VERY light but it was still enough to form a partial impression of the kite. It has some interesting flight properties.

More to come!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 07-15-2005, 11:46 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

There is an early Hellfish review with quite a bit of interview info at:

http://fksa.org/viewforum.php?f=84

I was able to try the Cabrinha Crossbow last night at a Stiltsville debute of the new kite. The winds were VERY light but it was still enough to form a partial impression of the kite. It has some interesting flight properties.

More to come!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi