FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > Kite Events And Competitions > Upcoming Events!
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 10-06-2010, 01:04 PM

I agree with Triton, having a little prize money to cover travel expenses will draw a bigger crowd for sure. Most importantly, the race course should take into consideration the swim zones along the route, and each municipality should be notified well in advance of the race day.

I am extremely impressed with other organizations efforts to pair fundraising with kiting, proving that kiters are giving people, and that this sport is highly marketable to the public and partner organizations. Not to take away from the fantastic work of others, but quite simply, our sport needs help too!

Since we're throwing in suggestions for a good cause, I invite you to consider one that would keep the donations within the sport of kiteboarding, and be a direct benefit to safety, access, and of course, more kiting events!
Action Sports Foundation was created right here in Tampa Bay by local kiters, and is a 501c3 charitable organization since 8/24/2007.
While our initial efforts have been focused more on community service events, logging service hours, and creating partnerships, we also have been working on ways to be a true resource to kiters everywhere. We're getting closer to a launch date for our kiteboarding division (Kite4Life), which will really help define the connection between ASF and local kiting associations. This framework brings many, many benefits and opportunities to kiters, local associations, shops, schools, and to industry.

I invite Mr. Gozo (sent you a PM) and other event organizers, sponsors, and supporters to take a look at the ASF Family, our mission, and all the new opportunities that are upon us all.

Looking forward to a great season of events, progress, and stoke!
www.actionsportsfoundation.org
Old 10-07-2010, 09:06 PM

Hey gozokiteboarding, give me a call..321-795-7626, This is A.J. Morgan of Kitetricity Kiteboarding and VooDoo Stand-Up Paddling....We can work together for the some cause, which I am doing, Cancer, because of a dear friend of mine who passed away a few years back, because of Brain Cancer...RIP Trace...Tritonkiteboarding, I hear your 2 cents, and I am cool with that idea, but you have to bring alot of people to these Events/Race, to make extra money to give back to the riders, you know that..Our Event is giving away products from the industry in 32 categorizes..That is alot of Stuff...So lets all work together, get all the events lined up, and lets go kiteboarding for the Cause, "Old School"...It's all about having fun and a good time....
Old 10-08-2010, 03:12 PM

Default fort pierce first annual downwind race

if any one has any questions or ideas for this race feel free to call me Brent Beringhaus 772-532-5136 or email me at gozokiteboarding@gmail.com or call Kris wichmeier 772-332-6593 or email him at gozokitesurfing@gmail.com
Old 10-09-2010, 08:30 PM

are not yet decideded but will most likely happen in january or febuary. spots are southbeach in vero if the wind is outta the north-east and if the wind is outta the south to southeast the lauch spot will be wave land in jensen ending sport will be south jetty for pierce and after party will be held at bluewater beach grill on the beach with music and drink specials all day! entry fee will be 20 dollars. event web site will be up soon