FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > Kite Events And Competitions > Upcoming Events!
Connect with Facebook

Old 03-15-2010, 04:27 PM

Thanks for hanging in there AJ. It will happen. The event was great last year and I'm sure it will be even better this year. I'm not too sure about this weekend, but you never know. Tampa looked positive for last weekend, but it didn't happen! Hope to see you up there soon!
Old 03-19-2010, 10:39 AM

Okay let's try this again..I have a concern, and I want the Rider's point of view...We see that there is going to be some wind on Sunday, looking like 14 to 16 out of the Southeast...I want to know if everyone wants to have the Event or wait..

I will be leaving this coming Monday to head to OBX for the season...BUT....I will travel back down to Melbourne each weekend to have this Event/Race, if We don't do it this coming Sunday..I want this to happen, but I also want the winds to be good for the Riders..So chime in here and let Me know what y'all want to do...Don't force the answer just because of Me, do it because you would come or not come, because of the wind speed...Thanks..

Next weekend of the Event/Race would be the 3th or 4th of April, after that it would be the 17th, 18th or the 24th, 25th...

A.J. Morgan
Owner
Kitetricity Kiteboarding School
VooDoo Kiteboarding
P.A.S.A. Examiner
321-795-7626
Old 03-20-2010, 12:17 AM

Event/Race Update 3/20/2010

Well here We go AGAIN....The Event/Race is being Postponed...Here is the new dates for the Event/Race...April the 17th,18th or the 24th,25th...There will be NO April the 3th or 4th weekend Event/Race, because that weekend is Easter Weekend, spend time with your love ones..

Now on to something that happened today, which We are so excited about...We have a Helicopter on stand-by to do Photo shots of the beginning of the Race, and some shots at the Inlet...Patrick Air Force Base is also on stand-by, waiting for Our call to let them know when the Event/Race will be happening...

We also added three more categories to the Event/Race to be given away at the Finish of the Race...That puts Us at 32 categories for the Race...Thanks to ALL the Sponsors...

On a footnote...Josh Noe from NPX is still doing Their manufacturer part of the Event/Race, which adds a ton more of products to the Event/Race..Thanks for doing that...

If for some reason people don't make this Event/Race this year, like last year, then you better be sure to make plans to do next years...It is going to be BIGGER than this one, hint,hint,hint...It will be held on the month of February, 2011...

A.J. Morgan
Owner
Kitetricity Kiteboarding School
VooDoo Kiteboarding
P.A.S.A. Examiner
321-795-7626
Old 10-07-2010, 07:24 AM

Well I hope everyone had a great summer, and kited enough to be able to make the "Downwind Race"...Well it is back on Again...I know that Mother Nature did not help Us in Feb, Mar, and even Apr., before I had to leave for the summer..Well I am going to be back home starting the 10th of Nov., and We are going to try and have the Event/Race on the 13th or 14th of Nov. If that weekend does not happen, then I plan to try and run it every weekend after that til the 12th of Dec....So get your gear ready, get your body ready, and start praying for WIND...Now We all know, that it is winter time coming soon, so most likely the Winds will be out of the North, which means that we will start the race in Cocoa Beach, and go to Vero Beach...Get your teams together, get your transportation crew ready, and lets go have a ton of fun in the Ocean with Mother Nature pushing Us to Our limits...Yeah...If you want more info, go to My website..www.kitetricity.com...I will be posting reply's and updates daily, after everyone reads this post...So tell All your friends...IT IS ON...btw, Windsurfers are more than welcome to be part of this too..We are all in the same family, "Wanting to Ride Mother Nature"....
Old 10-07-2010, 08:38 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitebdr1962 View Post
Well I hope everyone had a great summer, and kited enough to be able to make the "Downwind Race"...Well it is back on Again...I know that Mother Nature did not help Us in Feb, Mar, and even Apr., before I had to leave for the summer..Well I am going to be back home starting the 10th of Nov., and We are going to try and have the Event/Race on the 13th or 14th of Nov. If that weekend does not happen, then I plan to try and run it every weekend after that til the 12th of Dec....So get your gear ready, get your body ready, and start praying for WIND...Now We all know, that it is winter time coming soon, so most likely the Winds will be out of the North, which means that we will start the race in Cocoa Beach, and go to Vero Beach...Get your teams together, get your transportation crew ready, and lets go have a ton of fun in the Ocean with Mother Nature pushing Us to Our limits...Yeah...If you want more info, go to My website..www.kitetricity.com...I will be posting reply's and updates daily, after everyone reads this post...So tell All your friends...IT IS ON...btw, Windsurfers are more than welcome to be part of this too..We are all in the same family, "Wanting to Ride Mother Nature"....
Sounds like fun, thanks AJ for putting the race on again!

A few images from the last great race. Lots more at:
http://fksa.org/showthread.php?t=8052

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 10-07-2010, 10:24 AM

-

2010 Central Florida Open Ocean DownWinder Facebook Event Page

Marc

Last edited by FL_Kiteboarder; 10-19-2010 at 01:17 AM.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:13 PM

Thanks for the post Fl kiteboarder...I am hoping that things go well with the winds in Nov. and We have a great turn out for sure...Last year 30 plus riders, this year should be doubled at least, if not more...We are still looking for people to help if they wish too, just contact me at 321-795-7626, to find out more details...Be sure to check Our website at www.kitetricity.com for any updates..
Old 10-13-2010, 03:28 PM

We would like to Thank Andy from "Transcend" and His company for coming onboard with Our Event/Race in Nov...Thanks Again Bro, that means alot to Us and the "Cause"...
Old 10-17-2010, 05:05 PM

We here at Kitetricity Kiteboarding and VooDoo Stand-Up Paddleboarding are getting geared up for the downwinder...We are posting this to ask a simple question..."How Many People Can or Might be Coming"...We are trying to get a head count for the Hilton, where We will be having Our per-party..They are also going to work with Us on the room rates for the weekend..So if you know that you are coming for sure, let Us know, if your thinking about it, let Us know that too..We know that if it does not happen on the weekend of the 13th/14th of Nov., then it rounds over to the next weekends, etc...If need be, We will be doing it the weekend of Thanksgiving, because Thanksgiving is on Thursday, that gives everyone two days to spend time with their family, then come to the Event/Race and burn off that Turkey....

We are still Hoping for that "One Ticket Winner" prize from ANY Company out there, for the Raffle..i.e..Kite, Kiteboard, Surfboard, SUP, etc...Please let Us know if you have anybody that We can call and ask for that Prize..Thanks...
Old 10-26-2010, 11:09 PM

Well it has been an awesome week back here in Melbourne, so far..For some reason, the winds have been blowing here everyday since I have been back...Just got though doing two days of 15 mile downwinders, yesterday and today, of course getting ready for the Event/Race next month, starting the 13th of Nov...I am hoping that everyone else is getting wind, and getting your body ready for a "fast" Race...It is going to be hard to break that 2 hour and 18 minute time, or is it?..

We are still asking everyone that "might be coming", or "for sure coming" to the Event/Race, Please Let Us Know...It will help Us big time with the "head count" for the pre-party, and the "after party" at S.B.I...Thank-you for your response...

That "One Ticket Winner" price is still somewhere out there...We are still looking for that item...We are asking for any help on this, feel free to reply..

Last years Event/Race went very smooth with the help of a Personal friend....Thanks Shawn Frank....We would like to ask, that if there is anyone that wants to be part of this Event/Race, volunteering wise, be sure to contact Us asap...

We need help with:

registration sign-up
helping with the trophy event
both finish-lines will need help with "landing kites"
keeping eyes on the riders coming in
helping with the "Official Time" coming in