FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > What's going on?
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 01-04-2008, 06:21 AM

Default Lessons

Just want people to know that I will be offering beginner lessons at a 2 for 1 price. 2 people for 3 hour lesson for $175. No hype! I would like to promote safety and learning at an affordable price. If you don`t have a second person I`ll try to hook you up with one.I`m certified through PASA and want to start teaching. Check out www.floridakiteboardingschool.com. A paypal deposit of $50 required.
Michael in Venice
Old 01-04-2008, 08:08 AM

Capt Kiter,
We have several instructors in this area that are very good at what they do.
Are you the instructor from venice that is taking newbs to the gandy for lessons?
If so...please STOP.
If not...please know that there is an instructor based in venice that is bringimg his students to gandy for lessons.
if you know who is doing this, could you give him a massive weggie 4 me?
thanks bra.
l8r

Last edited by bayflite; 01-04-2008 at 08:41 AM.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:40 AM

Angry

Lessons at Gandy??? This is the first time I hear that .... that's nutz!!!! That spot is way too dangerous for lessons. Whomever is doing that STOP IT!!
Old 01-04-2008, 08:50 AM
Skyway Scott

Do you guys know what is going on out at Gandy? (I don't)
What if the guy is launching a boat and going out to the grassflats?
I just don't want to see a witch hunt and rumors started based on no real info.
We have been there and done that, haven't we? Heck, at one point I stole Al Lindsay's board it got so out of control. Can we just stick with valid info before we lay into a guy, please.

Lastly, let's start getting in people's faces that are local when they are obviously teaching in a manner that is unsafe if we want to prove we care.
This happens infrequently, imo, but we shouldn't just turn away from it, when it does.
How can we turn a blind eye to that which we see and then go after a guy, for that which we haven't seen?
I think I know the answer, I think it's because we don't confront friends. It's amazing to me how quickly we confront "non-friends" with much less info.
At some point, we are going to have to confront certain issues/behaviors and become blind to whether it's our buddy or not a buddy.
Behavior that possibly jeopardizes our spots should be buddy blind, otherwise it's hopeless, because I think we are all friends.

That's how I see it, I could be wrong.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:05 AM

I agree Scott, we should stick to the facts. It just sounds crazy to hear "lessons at Gandy"
Old 01-04-2008, 11:16 AM
Skyway Scott

Damn. I was going to delete my post. I don't want to stir it up again after just 4 days. I was trying to calm it down, if anything.
I now realize words on here can get misinterpreted. My underlining of the word obvious didn't mean that I think someone is obviously doing it wrong on a consistent basis. I meant if it's a no brainer situation, as in obvious, let's talk it up out there, not on here, regardless of who it is.
I have only seen one obviously wrong thing here locally in a lesson in the last 6 months, it's not very common.

I just talked with Bayflite, he was trying to calm it down with the wedgie comment, too.
The Tampa Bay race sounds like it is going to be fun this year if what Bayflite says turns into reality.
Billy, Jay, Chris and others have some real good ideas.
Too bad the wind is dying right now , a downwinder sounded like fun today.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:48 AM

You folks are pretty funny! I love to see how rumors start. No never taught at Gandy, never rode there. Yes ,I agree there alot of good instructors in the area. I know I learned from some and rode with others. I hope to be considered a good instructor also someday. That is why I got PASA certified. After I got back from Hatteras I checked in with the local instructors and introduced myself so I could hopefully stay out of the rumor mill and not pose a threat to their business`s.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:55 AM
Skyway Scott

No worries, Michael.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:14 PM
Tom Stock

The Sky Is Falling! (j/k)

Better safe than Sorry, bayflite did the right thing by asking. It's all good.