FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 03-15-2007, 01:08 PM

Default looking to hook up and ride with some locals

hello florida kiters! i am passing through the state on my way home from new orleans to new york city and have my gear with me (minus a pfd, doh!), and would love to get in a few sessions and meet some of the infamous friendly locals.

i am currently in panama city beach, waiting out the storm i left NOLA in a hurry yesterday to try to make it to pensacola ahead of the storm, and get a session in. well, i made it to pensacola, and it wasn't raining, but the wind was too light to bother trying to set up. i then did a bit more research, and it seemed to me, that most of the panhandle locals ride out of panama city beach, and it was further east, so i figured i'd head out here to try to get in a session before the rain came through, again, no luck.

i have some friends which i am planning to visit who live near ocala and orlando later on in the week, but for now, i'm just living out of my car, waiting for the rain to pass, and the wind to come, so that i may experience kiting in the panhandles' magnificent white sand beaches and emerald colored water.

when i get to the ocala/orlando area, i would like to know which kite beaches to hit, and to hook up with some locals. i'd really like to ride with other kiters so that i can get an assisted landing (launch i don't need) and maybe even keep my gear together (board[s]) if someone has people on the beach looking after gear.

kitebeaches.com shows very little along the west coast. should i just try to spend more time here in the panhandle before i head over to my see friends further inland?

i am already sorry i've traveled so far east along the panhandle, as the water and beaches along the way were gorgeous. pensacola, ft walton, and destin appear to have many great places to ride.

i appreciate any feedback, and if anyone's kiting in the panama city beach area tomorrow (fri 16th) or later in the week along my route, please give a call on my cell phone, i'd like to meet up and kite.

michael 646 541 3952
Old 03-15-2007, 01:51 PM

Talking

Nice talking to you Michael. I will see you tomorrow and introduce you to the group!! Cheers!!!
Old 03-20-2007, 12:22 PM

Thumbs up

hey finally got to a working computer again. still in FL but near orlando

sadly i didn't get to REALLY kite the beautiful white sand and green water gulf, but it was still nice to get a water session in after so long without getting wet.

thanks for letting me kite with you guys and showing me where to go, wish i wasn't so lame and slept late on saturday.

OUCH!!! them fire ants are some crazy shit! i've got 3 itchy welts on my feet from them still, and they were only on me for a second.

big ups to the friendly locals i kited with in panama city, and big big ups to linda lars and and alisha.

any tips on places to kite as i return home along the east coast of FL are greatly appreciated.

peace and love y'all y'erdme?

m
Old 03-20-2007, 03:08 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by teklife View Post
hey finally got to a working computer again. still in FL but near orlando

sadly i didn't get to REALLY kite the beautiful white sand and green water gulf, but it was still nice to get a water session in after so long without getting wet.

thanks for letting me kite with you guys and showing me where to go, wish i wasn't so lame and slept late on saturday.

OUCH!!! them fire ants are some crazy shit! i've got 3 itchy welts on my feet from them still, and they were only on me for a second.

big ups to the friendly locals i kited with in panama city, and big big ups to linda lars and and alisha.

any tips on places to kite as i return home along the east coast of FL are greatly appreciated.

peace and love y'all y'erdme?

m

You might hit Ponce Inlet and St. Augustine. More at:

http://fksa.org/showthread.php?t=3402
http://fksa.org/showthread.php?t=809&highlight=matanzas
http://fksa.org/showthread.php?t=227...light=matanzas

If you have time there is some riding to be had off Jacksonville as well around Huguenot Park, http://www.coj.net/Departments/Parks...t+Park+Map.htm

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi