FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

Old 03-16-2007, 09:39 PM

Default Quick release modification

I have an 06 Waroo bar that I'm not to comfortable with the QR. It seems very difficult to find and get your finger in, in an emergency. I just added this line and ball to the pin: (see photo)

The line is tied through the pin, not the fabric loop, this seems to work very well with the design of the waroo release, the line is very short, so that it wouldn't wrap around anything. In playing with it, it seems much easier to grab and pull then the loop itself and also tends to guid your index finger into the loop. Has anyone had any experence with something like this or their own modifications that seems to improve the QR on the Waroo (or any other QR). Does anyone see any problem this could cause?

PS: this is the first time I posted a photo, I hope I did it right!

Jim
Old 03-17-2007, 08:03 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Hello Jim,

I had wondered about how easy or not it might be to find and pull the loop rapidly. Guys have done it in emergencies, I know that. Still, your mod looks interesting, have you used it much to date?

Regarding photos, the best way to embed them is described at:
http://fksa.org/showthread.php?t=268

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 03-17-2007, 08:54 AM

Hopefully, I'll have a chance to try it out this weekend. However, in the comfort of my living room (not being dragged face first on my carpet) it seems like it works well. Having a different shape, feel and texture then the chicken loop makes it easy to feel for. Not needing to work open loop to get your finger in seems to save time. Although there is no need to insert your finger into the loop with this, the act of grapping the ball seems to guide your index finger under and into the loop. In practice, I have found that pulling the release on the waroo bar is not that easy, It sort of needs to be pulled to the rider. This seems to work much easier. I'll let you know after I've tried it under actual conditions.