FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > KITEBOARDING AT ... launches, precautions, SCHOOLS, SHOPS, meets, local groups and more > Southwest Florida
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 11-08-2008, 11:28 PM

Default I will be in Naples Christmas break 2008...

hello

I am posting this to let people talk about christmas break in Naples. I am a novice rider who is looking for people to just be around a learn even from watching. I do not want to be in people's way but I would be save with other kiters around.

I am learning to stay up wind. I can tack back and forth very easily. I am confident but this would be my first time kiting in the gulf so I need help with good areas and all.

Please let me know what your experiences have been and if you are for riding.

Thank you again
B
Old 11-10-2008, 08:54 AM

i'll be in Naples during the holidays also, booties suck so I'm looking forward to warm water! I've found that most locals go out a couple blocks north or south of the pier depending on wind direction or up to Sanibel.

we had a killer day up north here in RI/MA yesterday 20+ w/head high waves at Horseneck beach, check out www.masskiting.com I think they took a bunch of video and pics soon to be posted!
Old 11-10-2008, 09:08 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

I would be sure to touch base with Latino, moderator of this forum for more local info. The beaches in Naples are fairly narrow and you'll be down during a heavier part of tourist season. He may have some ideas on where to head to find kiters and avoid some of the crowds on the beach. Have a good trip!

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 11-11-2008, 08:12 PM

John

Sounds good can not wait to ride. Where would you be located. I will be at this golf course called Quail Run, by Pine Ridge n Airport Pulling. I totally would meet up and ride. Just a reminder I am not that good but pick this up quickly. Let me know what you think.

Ricki

That would be great if you could find out more info. Thank you so much for the help. Hope to see you as well.

Brendan
Old 11-12-2008, 07:18 AM

Hey guys,

We usually kite at 7 Ave. S. when a cold front comes through that brings N/NW winds. When it becomes S/SW we go south of the pier to 18 Ave. S. When its SE we go to tiger tail on Marco Island. Anything else thats easterly we usually have to drive up to Sanibel to ride or shoot over to the east coast for a quick fix.

When the fronts come through they bring some big rollers/choppy water and less than warm conditions, so a full wetsuit may be nice to have just in case.

Come ride with us, we always enjoy having new people around. Latino has local information on his site regarding launch points and local rules. I know he's redesigning his site right now so I'm not sure if it has all of the information up again.

swfloridakiteboarding.com

Hope to see you guys out on the water...

Thanks,

Fritz
Old 11-12-2008, 08:30 AM

I'll be down there Dec 23 to Jan 5, staying on Gulf Shore Blvd near the Edgewater resort. Last winter I was out and saw some doing a N>S downwinder past me, I would be into that as it was marginal breeze to stay upwind. I haven't hit it with breeze on but keeping fingers crossed, I'm shipping down my Spleen door & big kite just in case. I hit Sanibel a couple times last year, causeway & the lighthouse spots are pretty good and met some cool locals. I'll be the big pale yankee w/North kites trunkin it, hopefully meet some of you guys. Our local website up here www.masskiting.com Cheers, John -
Old 12-09-2008, 09:54 PM

just making sure people are not too cold down there? Yes it was a crisp 2 degrees the other day. Yes I said 2. Can not WAIT to be in Naples for xmas break. It is only like 2 weeks away!! crazy!

Where do people like to hang out? I mean yes there is 5th and all but does anyone else know where is a better setting?

Everyone keep me up to date on your schedules and see if we can make something happen.

Thank you again for all your help.

B
Old 12-14-2008, 08:53 AM

Dear UPS & Mother Earth, please deliver my gear and multible fronts that produce some healthy wind to the gulf/Naples over the Christmas Holidays! Ok I've done my part
Old 12-18-2008, 07:13 AM

john
your wish is my command i have ordered a cold front for christmas eve and if the weather channel has not screwed up we have one
iko instructor #3301
Naples kite boarding lessons , gear , kite trip , rentals
http://www.naplespaddleboardingrentals.com/
Naples paddleboard rentals-kayak tours -summer camp -meet up -news
http://www.naplespaddleboard.com/

naples,marcos island,bonita beach,san carlo, fort myers
Store 953 3rd ave north naples Florida
239-601-2700
Old 12-18-2008, 07:18 AM

you're a good man latino, Dec 24th is my birthday so it must be true, breeze on would be the perfect present if the hot blond jumping out the cake doesn't happen

NNE ok for Naples, or is it side off to much making it stupid gusty?

Last edited by John-; 12-18-2008 at 09:25 AM.