FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > KITEBOARDING AT ... launches, precautions, SCHOOLS, SHOPS, meets, local groups and more > Northwest Florida
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 09-19-2011, 09:24 PM

Default Tampa Kite Race 2011/2012

The season is rapidly approaching and the Tampa Kiteboarding community is putting together something very special this year. Many of you know of Kite4Cancer out west in the gorge. There is also Kite4Girls around the globe.

This year's race is titled Kite4Kids. It is a charity race for All Children's Hospital of St. Petersburg, FL. Kite4Kids however is going to be far more than just a downwind kiteboarding race this year.....ready.......

First off, we are planning a huge festival on Treasure Island beach to kick off this year's event.

Activities will include but not be limited to:
  • Stand Up Paddleboard race for novice and elite paddlers
  • Six bay area shops will be on site hosting demos and lessons on SUP's (likely have over 75+ boards to play with throughout the day)
  • Just for fun SUP relay race
  • Trainer Kite lessons for newbies of all ages. 10 stations will be staged throughout the event site. 5yrs old and up
  • Skimboarding clinic, demo, and lessons sponsored by the University of South Florida's skimboarding club
  • Professional kiteboarding clinics by local Bill Parker of Flexifoil and Damien Leroy of Cabrinha
  • Professional SUP clinic by local Chase Klosterlitz of Fanatic SUP
  • Kiteboarding and SUP demos from various manufactures
  • Live music
  • Food and drink vendors
  • Raffle prizes of all shapes and sizes
  • Silent auction prizes
  • And a kiddie area filled with beach games, water slides, and one line kites
We have the city of Treasure Island behind us on this one, and I assure you this is one of the biggest beaches on the west coast of Florida. More room than we know what to do with.

Stay tuned as we are in the final stages of our website which will be the information hub for this event. Detailed information as well as race registration will be on the website. This event will have up to 100 volunteers with likely 500+ participants. The goal is the raise $25K.

We need your help and participation to make this a success. Donations, sponsorship leads, auction/raffle items, race participation, event participation, and volunteers will collectively take this to a whole new level.

We are still seeking a title sponsor for the event, so if you or someone you know might be interested, let me know ASAP.

I am sure you have many questions, and once the website goes live, I am sure they will be answered. www.kite4kids.co

In the meantime, if you are interested in volunteering for the event or would like to sponsor and/or offer up raffle/auction prizes please contact me ASAP. See below

We are working closely with Action Sports Foundation, 5013c to pull this all together. We couldn't do it without them.

Finally, networking is a powerful tool these days. So riders, shops, instructors, and whoever else reads this, please cut and paste into your email lists, Facebook, Twitter, and any other means you have to help spread the word. We don't want anyone left out.

Stay tuned and thank you!
Steve-O
co-chair Kite4Kids 2011/2012
steve.visnage@yahoo.com