FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > ** KITER BUZZ **
Connect with Facebook

Old 05-28-2009, 06:50 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Exclamation HOW To Do It?

How to motivate kiters to stay far enough away from bystanders to avoid complaints that are threatening to shut us down?

Building awareness, appreciation through education/promotion and peer pressure are the most obvious, still how to accomplish and motivate that?

Here is one idea that I think I'll run with, been kicking it around for a while. There are still others, so lets see them. This idea involves a contest to create compelling, humorous, impacting or otherwise EFFECTIVE graphics* hammering home the concept. I would put the winners on banners devoted to this and encouraging other Internet sites to do the same thing. The graphics would also appear on FAQ pages, could be embedded on topics, used as aviatars, maybe some kite mags might print them.

Perhaps, "KEEPING OUR DISTANCE TO RIDE" and related variants. That part needs more thought so that a criteria for what is to be created and judged can be put out to the community.

There would be three or perhaps five winners, 1 through 5. There would be prizes for the winners, worthwhile ones too, perhaps cash, kite gear, etc. need to think that through some more. I want this to work so we need the best creativity and expression the community can offer. That deserves a good reward in my opinion. Perhaps we can get some donations of some good prizes. This would be an ongoing thing, here and elsewhere ideally. It would have some good branding to go with it too for the sponsors. Lots of judges to choose from too.

How to call a Kook Riding Behavior just that and motivate most of the Community to agree and get rev'd up enough act with effect to keep us flying. How to tar poor behavior widely and effectively enough to where people will grow sick of committing it and gleefully or simply indifferently throwing OUR privileges under the bus?

What do you think about this and how to improve the concept?

*Graphics = annotated photograph, original artwork, animated gif, perhaps a separate category for video clips? Graphic that convey a message, OUR message in impacting clear terms that will motivate people to stop, think and act upon it.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi

Last edited by ricki; 05-28-2009 at 07:52 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:44 PM

I think that is a really good idea. I will try to put together a graphic when I get some time. I am pretty decent with graphic design. I may also be willing to donate some items to the cause.