FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > Kite Events And Competitions > Upcoming Events!
Connect with Facebook

Old 02-21-2010, 03:55 PM

We know that this is Sunday the 21st, and We all know that "Mother Nature" can decide what is going to happen with Us daily..We are looking at ALL weather sites to give Us the "heads-up" on what might be coming in for the next few days..What We are seeing is that the winds "might" be here for next weekends Event/Race, maybe..We are also seeing that the direction is looking like Side Offshore wind, which is NOT a great thing to see..But this is Sunday, and things will change between now and then..Keep looking at the "post" for the 72 hour notice, which We will post on Wednesday, if not sooner...Pray for wind and the right direction, please..
Old 02-23-2010, 11:44 AM

Hey Everyone..

It is looking like there might be something happening this weekend weather wise, what it could be is unknown at this time..Keep checking the weather like We are, and stay tune for further info to come..We are all set for the Event/Race to happen, but We are wanting to know, "How many people are really coming to this Event/Race"?..We have posted this before, but there was not very much response..So if you would, let's try this again, so We can get some kind of "head count" for this Event/Race..Just reply back to this email if you would, Thanks..We are hoping that the Event/Race is a "GO" for this coming weekend..If it is "Not a Go" for this weekend, We still have one more try, 6th and 7th of March..So hang in there, and start Praying for WIND, btw, out of the NNE or ENE...lol...

A.J. Morgan
Owner
Kitetricity Kiteboarding School
VooDoo Kiteboarding
P.A.S.A. Examiner
321-795-7626
Old 02-26-2010, 11:44 AM

Well, well, well...We see that "Mother Nature" is not going to help Us out this weekend AGAIN..We all now that She has been bring in Westerly winds here on the East Coast for weeks, which is NOT GOOD for Us, but maybe Tampa Bay..So We are going to Postponed the Event/Race AGAIN, til NEXT WEEKEND, the 6th or 7th of March..

We want everyone to know, that there has been a lot of time and effort but into this Event/Race, and We are wanting it to HAPPEN..BIG TIME..So please come and be part of this Event/Race, whenever We do get "Mother Nature" on Our side..

We do have an idea, and We are very open to hear from the kiteboarders about this..We know that there are future events coming up, like Tampa Bay on the 13th, Islamorada at the end of March, and then Miami on the 10th of April..

So We want to still have Our Event/Race without getting in the way of the other ones..So what We are wanting to do is try for the first available weekend while the other Events are going on, which would be the 3rd or 4th of April, if not then, the last weekends of April..17th or 18th..24th or 25th..We had this Event/Race last year around this same time frame, (April) and it was AWESOME..

The reason We are wanting everyone to still make this Event/Race is because a lot of Manufacturers like Epic Kites, Cabrinha, NSI, Nobile, Kitaddict, Crazy-Fly, SBC Kiteboard, VooDoo Kiteboarding, etc have come on board with this Event..Because of this We have added more finishing categories to this Event/Race this year..We have 9 BIG Trophies and 23 other places to give out after the Event/Race..So make plans to join Us, and We will keep everyone "updated" on the Event/Race, per "Mother Nature"..
Old 02-26-2010, 08:04 PM

So the date is perfect. I'll arrive tomorrow from Germany to Florida, and Mother Nature has been waiting for me
When it starts next weekend, I'm with you. I would like to starts in rear(guard) - because I want to see the coast in calm

Last edited by motzi; 02-27-2010 at 05:30 AM. Reason: I hope rearguard is better ;-)
Old 02-27-2010, 01:29 AM

Es ist nicht gut zu stehen in der Rückseite in englisch
Old 03-01-2010, 01:17 PM

Hey, Do you still need volunteer's for the day of the race?
You can contact me at jrm6022@gmail.com or my Cell 954-410-6022
Let me know. Thank you, john
Old 03-01-2010, 05:17 PM

Would Everyone PLEASE do Us a favor, and do the "Wind Speed Dance"..The "Wind Direction Dance" was Awesome, Thanks.....It looks like the Winds are going to be in the RIGHT direction, We just Need the WIND SPEED...lol...

A.J. Morgan
Old 03-05-2010, 09:54 AM

We are having a hard time in making a decision on what to do about the Event/Race this coming weekend, most likely it would be on Sunday...

Here is what We are asking, and P L E A S E respond to this email, honestly.. We are seeing that there MIGHT be NNE winds at 14 to 16 mph on Sunday...DOES EVERYONE WANT THIS EVENT/RACE TO HAPPEN...and no I am not yelling, just made it in caps..

Now let Me let everyone also know, that there has not been any waves over here, and the winds are changing to the north by tomorrow, sometime..What this means, that by Sunday, the waves could be big and with iffy winds, this could be an unsafe downwinder, but you would just have to use a big kite, and a big board...

We want the winds to be like last year, which were 15 to 20 plus, out of the NNE..We have the right direction, but the wind is somewhat questionable, in Our opinion, but it is up to Y'all to make the call..The majority emails will make this call, and We will post asap to everyone on the decision..

If the Event/Race is put off again, then the next time frame will be April the 3th or 4th, after that the 17th, 18th, or the 24th, 25th..Everyone knows why We are doing it on these weekends..So We do not take away from the other Events coming up. So with that being said, could anyone that is thinking about doing an event during the posted dates, please email Us back..If not, then We will keep this Event/Race alive/going if We post-pond it again this weekend.

One more thing, if there is less people coming, then ALL the work that we have done to bring in the Big Sponsors, with all the categorizes, then all the Sponsors will not get Their due..We are hearing and hoping for at least 50 to 60 plus riders for this Event/Race, if the winds come in during the weekends..This weekend could bring in less, because of the speed..

Again, We are at the mercy of the emails, so make your call, and We will do what the Riders Want...

A.J. Morgan
Owner
VooDoo Kiteboarding
P.A.S.A. Examiner
321-795-7626
Old 03-05-2010, 11:56 AM

Hey Everyone...Well this is going to be the 3rd time that We have postponed this Event/Race...We have heard from the Riders, per say, and most Riders have said to wait..I know that there are a lot of the top riders out of the state, and they are wanting this to happen as badly as I am..They have their reputation on the line, and I have all the representation of the Sponsors on Mine..lol..

Here is the New Date for the Event/Race: March the 20th or 21st...

If you remember from last year, this was the exact same weekend..Winds out of the NNE 15 to 25, and huge waves, and very fast times too for the conditions.

We are still going to use the dates in April of the 3rd or 4th, the 17th or 18th, or the 24th or 25th if the winds do not work for Us on the March dates...after that, I will be shooting Myself, and cussing Mother Nature..

A.J. Morgan
Owner
VooDoo Kiteboarding
P.A.S.A. Examiner
321-795-7626
Old 03-15-2010, 04:01 PM

Hey, I'm not able to volunteer on Saturday March 20th due to family comitments. I'm available for Sunday March 21th if the race is scheduled for this date. I will keep watching the posts. Thank you, john