FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > SE Florida And The Keys Forum > What's happening?
Connect with Facebook

Old 12-04-2008, 09:42 AM

Cool I need a kite surf mentor/instructor!!

Hi everyone!! I just moved from southern california and I am desperately looking for an instructor or anyone who knows about the sport.....the holidays are coming....how about some extra cash for your help? I have my own equipment! Please let me know if you or someone you know is interested. I am close to key biscayne or matheson hammock. thanks! Sandy
Old 12-04-2008, 01:55 PM
ThomasByrne

Whatever you do, dont go to matheson hammock
Old 12-04-2008, 03:31 PM

How come? like I said I'm new here and I would like to know what the real story is......if you'd like to share that of course
Old 12-04-2008, 03:43 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandramorenop View Post
How come? like I said I'm new here and I would like to know what the real story is......if you'd like to share that of course
Not the best hello and welcome to town, my apologies for that Sandra. I think Thomas' point is that Mathesson Hammock is already quite crowded. Anyway, on to your question, there are a number of Miami area instructors listed at:

http://fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=44

Many teach from shore which can add to problems in crowded conditions, which may be what Thomas is alluding to. Others teach from Hobie Beach which in addition to being crowded can also pose some dangerous conditions. If you motor out to the flats with local instructors that teach out there you should beat the crowds and also advance a lot faster. There are no trees, beaches, bystanders or other things as a rule to stop your progress.

I would interview your prospective instructor along the lines discussed in the article at the link below to help you get the best return for your investment of time and money.

http://fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45

Good winds

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 12-04-2008, 04:47 PM

hey sandy, if you feel like branching out a little down to the keys, we'll be happy to help you out!
Brad

Brad Lange
Seven Kiteboarding, Islamorada, Florida Keys
www.sevensports.com
305-853-KITE
Old 12-04-2008, 09:23 PM

Sandy,

Since you are in Miami, I would suggest talking to Christophe at Miami Kiteboarding (www.miamikiteboarding.com) or Francisco of Skybanditz Kiteboarding (www.skybanditz.com). They are both local with tons of knowledge to help get you on your way. They can also get you to or tell you of the safest spot to learn and ride safely.

If you get to the keys, stop and say hi.

Noel
oTHErside Boardsports
mm 87.7
Islamorada, Florida Keys
www.othersideboardsports.com
(305)853-9728

Last edited by noel; 12-04-2008 at 09:25 PM. Reason: cause
Old 12-07-2008, 08:50 AM

Talking Thanks Rick, Brad and Noel!

Thank you all for the information. I will take some time and drive down to Isla Morada soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickI View Post
Not the best hello and welcome to town, my apologies for that Sandra. I think Thomas' point is that Mathesson Hammock is already

quite crowded. Anyway, on to your question, there are a number of Miami area instructors listed at:

http://fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=44

Many teach from shore which can add to problems in crowded conditions, which may be what Thomas is alluding to. Others teach from Hobie Beach which in addition to being crowded can also pose some dangerous conditions. If you motor out to the flats with local instructors that teach out there you should beat the crowds and also advance a lot faster. There are no trees, beaches, bystanders or other things as a rule to stop your progress.

I would interview your prospective instructor along the lines discussed in the article at the link below to help you get the best return for your investment of time and money.

http://fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=45

Good winds
Old 12-07-2008, 09:06 AM

Default Hey Noel!

Thank you for responding. I will go down and visit soon. I read you've been riding for 9 yrs.....wow what a gift! Hope to meet you soon! Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel View Post
Sandy,

Since you are in Miami, I would suggest talking to Christophe at Miami Kiteboarding (www.miamikiteboarding.com) or Francisco of Skybanditz Kiteboarding (www.skybanditz.com). They are both local with tons of knowledge to help get you on your way. They can also get you to or tell you of the safest spot to learn and ride safely.

If you get to the keys, stop and say hi.

Noel
oTHErside Boardsports
mm 87.7
Islamorada, Florida Keys
www.othersideboardsports.com
(305)853-9728