FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > St. Petersburg/Tampa Bay Forum > Let's Ride!
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 10-02-2007, 07:53 AM

i am just saying that on Sunday I was very powered up on my 12m at the skyway but was fine.. Randy was saying he was reading 30 on his meter.. I do question that due to the fact that I was still riding my 12. I would guess it was more in the mid 20s..

I LOVE to ride my 12m .. my timing on it is so much better than any of my other kites.. I was glad the conditions were exactly as they were. Much more wind and I would have had to ride my 9.. (which I love.. but it requires me to readjust my timing a lot...)

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa
Old 10-02-2007, 09:33 AM
popeye

I agree...I can totally hold down my 12M in 30, no problem... BUT it's at the very very top end. Actually beyond it a little. We've both held them down at lassing when it was gusting a little over 30.. sketchy of course though.

Last night it was blowing way more than 30 when it spiked. I had to crash the kite to keep from being dragged into shore.. and even with a tip full of water I was still struggling with it... struggling as in on my back in the water, board burried, doing everything in my power to keep it in the water and under control.

I did manage to switch over to an outside line (after about 6 tries) before even considering getting near shore, but even then I rode it out until it came down a little.

In this case the distance is what saved me... we were way the hell out because we both knew it was coming... it's become a regular pattern lately.
Old 10-02-2007, 09:44 AM

I just wanted to say this forum has been great for me lately- I am relocating from brevard to Tampa and the education on the spots and wind behavior in pinellas is invaluable. Thanks!

Were the winds straight east over by you guys? Over here they are running N-NE which seems like East Beach would be pretty fun.
Old 10-02-2007, 10:04 AM

mainly NE & ENE all weekend .. think Sunday it was ENE for mid-day .. i was able to ride from the skyway north to the secret spot in two large tacks.. (a lot further than it looks.. damn my legs were tired when I got there).. Yesterday was more NE. lots of folks ripping it up at EB. tide was low tho..

Area Launches: http://tinyurl.com/284jfa
Old 10-02-2007, 10:05 AM
popeye

[edited]

I've heard of people riding at EB in a NE, but to me it seems like it would be gusty and side off. ENE there seems ideal.