FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > SE Florida And The Keys Forum > What's happening?
Connect with Facebook

Old 06-08-2008, 12:18 PM

Default Iron Man

Rick, Nice seeing you and your wife at Smathers. Finally got to put the picture and the man together. When I arrived at the beach, Greg told me that you were there and he'd introduce us. You were already on the water when I got there. Four hours later when we were all packing up, you finally decided to come ashore. Old guys Rock. I can say that since I'm an old guy.
Hope today was good. I had to leave early to dodge a line of thunderstorms that were already developing north of the Keys, to get home early enough in the day to dodge the summertime build-ups in the Tampa area.
You missed a good time at the Bottlecap last night, but the female contingent came up with a place in Key West that may be up your alley. Talk to Greg about Club Zoo.

Frank
Old 06-08-2008, 06:10 PM

Default how about this weekend ,june 7

Glad you made it back safe Frank,you did not miss anything today as the wind died off.Hey I know about as much as you or Mike about ZOO, it is the women who are curious, but we will wait for you.

Greg
Old 06-09-2008, 10:52 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Thanks again guys for a good weekend down there. It was good to meet you as well Frank. Paul had his rig setup for wakestyle riding, major bar pressure, whooped my butt. Missed out on Bottlecaps, hope to make it next time. Glad you made it back to Tampa ok. I've been impressed by the intensity of storms you have in the Bay area. It can be a problem both for pilots and kiters at times.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 06-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Can't Re-member

Quote:
Glad you made it back to Tampa ok. I've been impressed by the intensity of storms you have in the Bay area. It can be a problem both for pilots and kiters at times.

Never fails, Middle of june thru september we'll get huge afternoon thunderstorms pop out of nowhere that soak us with torrential rains and strong gusty winds and a good chance of a hail component associated with these thunderstorm cells as well
Old 06-10-2008, 11:10 AM

Default Father's Day at Smather's

Rick, Greg, Mike, Paul . Forecast looks good again for Smathers for this weekend. Not as good as last weekend, but then again the forecasted winds were lighter than the actual. Fri, Sat, Sun, forecasted to be East 16-17 mph with a little lighter on Sun. Can we blame this on global warming?

Frank
Old 06-10-2008, 11:43 AM

My buddy and I will be heading down this coming weekend to chase some wind, Im seeing E/NE winds 13 gusting 18-20. Seems Key West always has more wind. From what I understand the location is on the edge of the trade winds correct? If the wind directions not working for Smathers, does anyone besides the kitehouse go to the flats as an alternative? Well prob want to go out to the flats either on Sat. or Sun. not sure yet.

Cheers,

Fritz
Old 06-10-2008, 03:06 PM

Default Key West

The forecast wind direction is looking good for Smathers. Kitehouse is still best bet for flats. When checking Key West on ikitesurf, use the Sand Key model. If there's wind from the East, Greg will be on the beach. If you've never ridden there, he can give you the 411. Look for the Full Throttle Eclipse Kites.

Frank
Old 06-10-2008, 04:36 PM

Default this coming weekend

Hi Fritz, give us a shout when you get in and we can meet up, I don,t know what the winds will do this weekend, but if it blows we will be out there, either at Smathers or on the flats. tel 305 407 6748.

Hey Frank ,don,t know if we can thank global warming for the winds yet, but who knows what the future will bring,are you coming down this weekend if it blows ?.

Greg
Old 06-10-2008, 06:45 PM

Thanks, Ill definitely give you a call. Ive ridden smathers a hand full of times and once out in the flats. Ill see you this weekend.

Fritz