FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > MAIN FORUM > Kite Events And Competitions > Upcoming Events!
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 03-25-2009, 08:40 PM

Default Kitetricity Kiteboarding Kitebash, 2009

Hey Everyone,

I have come up with a new idea for my Kitebash on April 17th – 19th. With the success of the Downwinder last weekend, I have had a lot of people ask me to do a short downwinder in order for more people to get involved. So this is what Kitetricity Kiteboarding will do. On April 17th, if the winds prevail after 2pm, we will do a Down Wind Race. We will start at Vero Beach and go to Melbourne Beach. The distance is 32 miles. If the winds are coming from the North, then the race will reverse and go from Melbourne to Vero. The Start/Finish (depending on the winds) will be at the Caribbean Court in Vero. This distance should give everyone from 12 years of age to 80 a chance to be involved and make it safely down the shoreline.

We will have a Beach Party afterward at the Sebastian Beach Inlet Bar. You will pass this during the race. We will still do a Course Race on the river the entire day of the 18th. On Sunday the 19th there will be a Freestyle, Course Race or the Downwinder if the winds don’t show up on the 17th. I will listen to what the riders want to do and make the call for that day. Sunday will only be a half-day so people have time to travel and get back to work for Monday morning. If the wind God’s decide to bless us on Friday, be prepared to take the day off in order to participate in the Downwinder. If you can’t make this, be sure to come for the Saturday-Sunday events.

Entry is $50 for two days of events and $25 for one. There will be trophy’s for both Events. 1st, 2nd, 3rd Overall. 1st Women’s, 1st Junior (12-18), and 1st over 45. Get the word out, let’s make this happen as we did the first ever Central Florida Downwind Race 2009! You all know I have the passion – let’s hope Mother Nature shows up to help me out!

There will be more info coming soon. Feel free to comment on this email, so I will know how everyone feels before the Event.

A.J.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:04 PM

hey, i wanted to do the 55 mile one, but i didnt think any rides back to the start were worked out, if i went this time, could i get a ride back to the start? thanks a lot, Ross Bond
down town St. pete
12m flexifoil Ion (Rasta)
16m switchblade 2 (blue)
a fresh new freak dog board
Old 03-25-2009, 09:11 PM

Friday: Ocean Day Location

9:00-11:00 Will be checking the wind speed and direction

11:00-12:30 Travel Time to Start

12:30-1:00 Register for Race

1:00 Skipper's Meeting (at vero beach or melbourne beach)

2:00 Downwind Race (if there is Wind at this time, if not, will start when the wind comes)

6:00 Dinner/Beach Party at Sebastian Beach Inlet Bar/Grill

Saturday: River Day at Kitetricity Kiteboardings School Location

8:30 Register for Race

9:00 Skipper's Meeting

10:00 Course Race

6:00 End of Course Race

7:00 Dinner at Tiki Bar w/band

Sunday: Open Day Location

9:00 Skipper's Meeting

10:00 Course Race, Downwinder, Freestyle. (this Day is all up to what the riders want to do, I am open)

2:00 Awards
Old 03-28-2009, 08:21 PM

Hey Everyone...I would like to ask a question to all that visit this forum...I am having a Event on the 17th -19th of April...I would like to get a poll of the people that might be able to come. So I can go ahead and give a "heads-up" to the local bars and hotels, per say...I know that it is all going to be based on the Wind, Mother Nature, but hey, any info would help...thanks for your time on this matter....A.J..
Old 04-12-2009, 07:34 AM

Hey Everyone...It is looking really good for the winds this up coming weekend...Friday is already showing 15 plus, out of the ENE, then turning ESE on Saturday...We have moved the Down Wind Race in the Ocean on Friday, to a Noon time frame...The locals here are having a moment for Trace Trusler that evening around 6ish, so We moved the time up a little, instead of 2:00...Saturdays Event will be the Course Race, and all proceeds will go to the Cancer Fund, in Trace's name...We will be doing a Wednesday forecast update to keep everyone in the loop about the wind, so be sure to check your email...If you are not getting info about the event in your email, then send Me your's and I will add it, Thanks...Hope to see everyone here for this Kitebash Event, and to help raise money for the local Cancer Fund...
Old 04-14-2009, 03:47 PM

Hey Everyone,
It looks like there is going to be wind on Friday! We will have a Skipper’s meeting at 11:15, Race will start at Noon. The winds are forecasted to be coming out of the Northeast which means that we will start at Melbourne Beach and head South to Vero Beach, 30 + miles. Forecasted winds are 15-20 mph.

Contact me if you need directions to Melbourne Beach. The Start will be on the South side of the Lifeguard Station. Be sure to bring $$ for a taxi or have someone follow you down. It is a straight shot down A1A to the Vero Beach finish.

This is part of the Kitetricity Kiteboarding Kitebash. We will also have a Course Race on Saturday, all day. All the proceeds will go to Health First Hospice in Melbourne, Fl. in memory of Ralf "Trace" Trusler
Old 04-15-2009, 09:48 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

The forecast is looking good for Friday:

Thursday Night...Northeast winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 4 to 6 feet. Choppy on the intracoastal waters.

Friday...Northeast winds 15 to 20 knots. Seas 3 to 5 feet. Choppy on the intracoastal waters.

Friday Night...East winds 15 knots. Seas 5 to 7 feet.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...y=201&site=mlb

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 04-17-2009, 08:33 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

I understand today's event has a captain's meeting at 11 am at the park on the beach just north of 5th Ave. in Melbourne, FL:
http://tinyurl.com/c7yzrc

Tomorrows flat water event will be located just south of Valkaria Rd. close to the lagoon along US 1 in Grant, FL, with captains meeting around 8:30 am?

http://tinyurl.com/cb5ph7

I just got these over the phone from AJ and think they are correct. For more info http://www.kitetricity.com/

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi