FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > General Discussion > Travel
Connect with Facebook

Old 11-16-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickI View Post
For flat water in November you might consider the Keys, Islamorada, Key West, might as well do both. There is a lot of information on the area at: http://fksa.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7
Hi,
Planning on driving from Philly, PA to FL from 11/21 to 11/28.
I’m willing to go wherever there’s better chances for decent winds, although I really don’t want to drive all the way down to the Keys.
Between NE and NW Florida, what are most favorable places around this time of the year?
Any tips are appreciated.

TIA
Old 11-16-2009, 05:00 PM

If anyone decides to come to the keys, give us a call before booking as we can save you a bundle. Miles and miles of flat water riding in some premo locations too. Otherside Boardsports in Islamorada does kiteboarding, wakeboarding, SUP, skate, and clothing.

Otherside Boardsports
www.othersideboardsports.com
Old 11-16-2009, 08:48 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillylad View Post
Hi,
Planning on driving from Philly, PA to FL from 11/21 to 11/28.
I’m willing to go wherever there’s better chances for decent winds, although I really don’t want to drive all the way down to the Keys.
Between NE and NW Florida, what are most favorable places around this time of the year?
Any tips are appreciated.

TIA
It pretty much comes down the the type of front or other wind provoking system sweeping over at the time. As a rule what hits the panhandle to the west, soon impacts the northeast coast. There may be larger waves off the NE coast, then again depending on the setup, the panhandle can throw out some nice swells too. Recommend you look over the NW and NE forums for more info. The water is a bit cooler up that way than down in the Keys. All parts of Florida have something to offer visitors, it really comes down to what you are interested in specifically, oh and what the wind is up to as well.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 11-16-2009, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickI View Post
It pretty much comes down the the type of front or other wind provoking system sweeping over at the time. As a rule what hits the panhandle to the west, soon impacts the northeast coast. There may be larger waves off the NE coast, then again depending on the setup, the panhandle can throw out some nice swells too. Recommend you look over the NW and NE forums for more info. The water is a bit cooler up that way than down in the Keys. All parts of Florida have something to offer visitors, it really comes down to what you are interested in specifically, oh and what the wind is up to as well.
Well, We're beginners and would prefer flat waters and mild winds over waves and high speeds. Water temperature isn't much of a factor to me. I guess, we'll just watch the weather and plan around it.