FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > SE Florida And The Keys Forum > What's happening?
Connect with Facebook

Old 05-12-2006, 08:59 AM

Anyone get a session in last night?

I snuck in a 2 hr session just north of Lake Worth Pier, wind was S-SW and filled the 12m. Wind was a little punchy from time to time. Water was incrediatably clear with ballyhoo & flying fish EVERYWHERE. Small 1-2ft SE wind swell ramps.

Itch factor (sea-lice) are definatly starting to show :cry:
Old 05-12-2006, 09:48 AM
Administrator
Site Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHFLYN
Anyone get a session in last night?

I snuck in a 2 hr session just north of Lake Worth Pier, wind was S-SW and filled the 12m. Wind was a little punchy from time to time. Water was incrediatably clear with ballyhoo & flying fish EVERYWHERE. Small 1-2ft SE wind swell ramps.

Itch factor (sea-lice) are definatly starting to show :cry:
Not here. I was wondering if the thermals were rideable last night. It is great to ride in clear conditions. Do you find the wind is better in Lake Worth than points south? Before the 2004 hurricanes took out the pier, that is the trend the wind meter established there. Too bad about the sea lice, our new May tradition.

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi
Old 05-12-2006, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Do you find the wind is better in Lake Worth than points south? Before the 2004 hurricanes took out the pier, that is the trend the wind meter established there
Rick~

I find the wind as long as she's blowing is good anywhere :P
I kite mostly (cause it's close to work and home) between Boynton Beach and Lake Worth.
Yesterday afternoons conditions, Being S-SW were good once you got away from shore and out past the "GAP" in the pier.
I also agree~ The NOAA station that was located on the Pier and Lost in the 2004 hurricane season is SADLY missed. It was the ONLY "TRUE" wind conditions report that I relied on. I may be a little bias there since it was @ my home break :lol:

You asked about points south, My decision yesterday was based apon 2 things.
1) There was a NASTY looking bunch of clouds hanging over Gulfstream/Delray @ 5pm last night

2) I didn't expect it to be ridable yesterday and my gear was at home (Lake Worth) My entire drive home, I was looking at my tell-tale trees and figured it for a 16m & 140cm fatty session.
To my supprise as I head east over the Lake Worth Bridge, The white caps in the ICW told a diffrent story ~n~ So my 12m & 120cm hanacrew were my weapons of choice.
Old 05-12-2006, 12:34 PM
Administrator
Site Admin

Glad it worked out. It is good to have a gear formula that works. I hope it hangs in there past quiting time today.

You should get in touch with Jay to subscribe to the windomatic in Delray Beach. It is pretty accurate and invaluable to guys that ride in south and central PBC. I find it is more representative of our area than the Pompano station. As for Jupiter, enough said, it's a different world up that way.

jay_blackburn@yahoo.com

transcribed by:
Rick Iossi