FKA Kiteboarding Forums  

Go Back   FKA Kiteboarding Forums > KITEBOARDING AT ... launches, precautions, SCHOOLS, SHOPS, meets, local groups and more > Northwest Florida
Connect with Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/rick.iossi

Old 01-18-2007, 09:18 AM

Talking Looks like wind this weekend!!!

Now that everyone is back in town, it looks as though mother nature is planning a windy weekend for us. I look forward to seeing everyone out on the water, and hey, maybe even for breakfast before heading out. It's always fun to get together and watch the wind blow as Harry drinks 10 cups of coffee, Rush eats his potato-omelet skillet, Eric discusses the concepts of mutiple high risk maneuvers, Wayne continues to answer countless Emerald Coast Kiteboarding phone calls on the cell, and Linda tries not to drink as much coffee as Harry in case she has to wear the dry suit. Let's keep in touch and hopefully have a blast of a weekend!!!
Old 01-19-2007, 05:15 AM

Default The Panacea Crew Reporting in

My Crew,,,,, my two boy's and wife may come along this weekend..my boy's may kite a little.....We are two pot coffee drinking machines.....I will warn you ahead of time I saw Rushman boosting huge air this last week..He has got it nailed down...See you guy's soon.....Oh yes one other thing.....
Dry suits are for Chicks!!!

Just beacause I don't have one but do want one !!
Old 01-19-2007, 07:44 AM

Talking

Harry, I know Eric got one just like mine, and he has only used it twice. He doesn't like it because he has to wear booties over the enclosed gortex footies. I believe he is looking to sell it if you are interested. I am pretty sure it will fit you fine. I guarantee, once you get one and it is the least bit cold, you won't wear a full wetsuit again!! Look ahead to next week's forecast: good wind, 40 degree temps with wind chill making it even colder!! Just might want to consider it!!! Look forward to meeting your family and drinking coffee to catch up on all the past few weeks' events. Looking forward to Rush's huge airs!!! Linda
Old 01-20-2007, 06:18 PM

where are you guys planning on kiting sunday? looks good from 8 - 2 or so. it was pretty good today by the tyndall bridge. hope to see you guys tomorrow. it's been a while since i've been able to kite a whole weekend. mitch
Old 01-24-2007, 05:12 PM

Sorry I missed you guys .... by the time I got up, it was kinda drizzly and not that windy. Did ya go? I'm sure it was good early Sunday.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:13 AM

Talking

It was kinda wacky at first. Got there at 9am and as we were all setting up, the wind filled in. Nice glass next to the jetties and glassy rollers further over. The beach crew was restoring a couple hundred more feet of brown, poopy, litter filled sand right next to the jetties. Watch out for old torn aluminum cans, broken glass, and other weird stuff getting dredged and piped over!!! Anyway, wind picked up for a couple hours, died down a little around 1130 and picked back up again. I left around 300-330, and Eric, Harry, Larz stayed out for a little longer and luckily packed it in before the heavy rain hit. They said the wind really picked up before it hit. All in all, it was nice riding for 5-6 hours. Linda